Fiero Registry by kgoodyear
Started on: 03-18-2019 11:43 AM
Replies: 14 (1162 views)
Last post by: blyfot on 04-06-2022 09:07 AM
kgoodyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kgoodyearSend a Private Message to kgoodyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps it is time to build a registry for our beloved Fieros. I think GM would help support this effort. Unfortunately lists of emails gathered by vendors are off limits so we would have to start from scratch.

Any ideas out there?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a T Top registry. Created by I think by a member of this forum. His efforts are obviously sincere. He may have expanded his 'search' base.

You have a good idea.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that one of the PFF members has also started an 88 database but do not currently remember his name. Some searching could turn up this information fairly quickly if my memory is still good.

Nelson
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be me, but the 88 Database project is not a registry of people, just an attempt to gather production information on as many 88s as possible before the history is lost forever. Right now I have info on 5984 of the 26402 88s. In a few weeks when I hit the 6000 car mark I'll post some stats from the database.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2019 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what do you need for the 88 database?
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88 Database Guy:

That would be me, but the 88 Database project is not a registry of people, just an attempt to gather production information on as many 88s as possible before the history is lost forever. Right now I have info on 5984 of the 26402 88s. In a few weeks when I hit the 6000 car mark I'll post some stats from the database.

I have an ‘88 I’ve never had put in the registry. What do you need?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe Ray Paulk of MAFOA and NEFA has the T-top registry. He's not a member of PFF.

Probably one of the shortcomings of a registry, it be 88's, T-tops, or Indy's is that they may include vehicles that are no longer on the road, or maybe have been sent to the crusher. I know I've given John a couple of VIN's for vehicles I found at Pull-A-Part and we know once they're on the yard, they cannot be registered again.
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2019 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To enter your car's info into the database, I need the VIN, and would like to get the factory colors (exterior, interior, wheels for Formulas and GT), the transmission type, and the roof type. Any other info on options is of course great to get as well. As I said, i'm not buillding a registry of owners or specific names associated with each car so if you don't want that info recorded just say the word and I'll enter the data without any names attached to it. If you want to really make it easy, you can send a picture of the SPID label under the hood that has all the RPO codes for the options (assuming it's legible) and save yourself a lot of typing.

Charlie is right, but I view the problem of dead cars being recorded as a feature of the database project rather than a bug. Someday they'll ALL be gone (or we will) and maybe the only record left will be what we save now. That's sort of a inside joke, since there ARE people who have the kind of info I'm seeking, but they don't share it and some of the data seems to have been lost. Bottom line is, anything I get is more than is generally known and I'm always grateful for more info.

You can send me info directly at John.Willhoff at gmail.com or PM me here (email preferred).

Thanks!
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a few weeks when I hit the 6000 car mark I'll post some stats from the database.

hmmmmm.

There also is a thread called 88 Database Guy where a lot of people have posted information, and would welcome some stats.
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which is where the info will be posted, not here.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2019 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a few weeks when I hit the 6000 car mark I'll post some stats from the database.

You've been collecting this data since 1999. In 2004 in This thread you posted the following...

I'm sorry to have been so quiet, and promise to be more active soon. In the meantime, I'll try and get the last few months worth of data entered and post some more info.

We've been waiting all this time to see some stats posted! I appreciate that you've had the best of intentions, but I'll believe it when I see it.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2019 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the old Fiero Spotter guide published by Mark Corbin in the mid 90's
There were 26.402 Fieros built in 1988. Of that 6,848 were GT's, 5,643 were formulas and 13, 910 were coupes
since this was a unique year it might be safe to assume that a good portion remain.
GT's numbered:
1985 22,534
1986 17,891
1987 15,880
1988 6,848
Total Pontiac Fiero GT's built = 63,010
Total Pontiac Fieros built of all models was 370,167
I don't believe that anyone has the exact number of GT's that survive, but if we use a very conservative and low 10% number it would be over 6300. My guess is that a minimum of 12,000 Fiero GT's remain due to the timeless styling, sporty nature and affordable price of this car to the hobbyist and collector. As for coupes I would guess that the survival rate is far less as those were true commuter cars.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

wgpierce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2019 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's what the '35th Database Guy" did https://www.35thregistry.com/db/

Surprised we haven't in all this time had something similar. Of course, there's only 2050 of these to keep track of

[This message has been edited by wgpierce (edited 03-26-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2019 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85 GT's were notchies.
blyfot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2022 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blyfotSend a Private Message to blyfotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FieroHub - The Pontiac Fiero registry, is slowly but surely growing.

Register your Fiero here:
https://fierohub.com

Read more in this thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/099984.html

[This message has been edited by blyfot (edited 08-21-2022).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave