Started on: 03-09-2019 11:54 PM
Replies: 54 (1596 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 06-04-2019 10:26 AM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

It was pretty high before and it did come down some...

Yeah, it's still up there for sure. What size are those tires?

I may cut a half coil out of the front springs to go a little lower.

When I lowered the front of my Formula, I didn't want to chop the '88 springs... so I cut two complete coils off of the tallest '84 front springs I had here and used them. Worked out perfect. If you were to do something similar, one complete coil might be enough, keeping in mind you've installed the 1" lowering ball joints.

IP: Logged
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

When I lowered the front of my Formula, I didn't want to chop the '88 springs... so I cut two complete coils off of the tallest '84 front springs I had here and used them. Worked out perfect. If you were to do something similar, one complete coil might be enough, keeping in mind you've installed the 1" lowering ball joints.

They are 205/60-15
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, with 15" wheels you're basically forced to stick with your current profile of tire. Otherwise the gap would be even greater with low(er) profile tires. I run 205/55/16 in the front of my Formula. The gap is minimal with the lowering that I've done.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if your tach is off and you have a 6cyl in it and the tach was originally for a 4cyl then you're probably sending it 1/3rd more pulse signal, seeing as its used to seeing 4cyl's firing and now its seeing 6, so if its showing you 1500RPM you're probably only doing 1000 RPM... atleast i seem to recall that people who put a 2.8L in place of a 2.5L they would have that issue.....

matthew
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2019 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I will check that on the tach. I may send mine in to have it calibrated.
A friend of mine Handyman Pat had someone on here check a couple that
he had.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, that didn`t take long.
I said I was probably going to keep this car stock and I`m already looking at upgrades.
Thinking about these.
17x7 40mm offset front / 225/45-17
18x7.5 45mm offset rear / 235/40-18
If I need it I found a place here in Texas to make 10mm spacers with 57.1 to 73.1 hub centric rings to fit the wheels in the rear.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 04-25-2019).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thinking about these...

Can't go wrong with chrome/polished lipped 5-spoke mags.

trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2019 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Can't go wrong with chrome/polished lipped 5-spoke mags.

Agreed!! Those will look great.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the wheels in.
I just put them on one side to check the fit.
I still need to get hub centric rings and I haven`t decided if I`m going
to put a spacer on the rears to push them out a bit.

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure you have already thought about this but I you can lower it some more now. The new rims look good.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2019 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

I am sure you have already thought about this but I you can lower it some more now. The new rims look good.

Yea, I`m looking at that in the near future. I`m going to put coilovers in the rear and since I already put in
a lowering lower ball joint in the front I may just cut like 1/2 coil from the spring.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 05-03-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2019 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my wheel spacers with built-in hub rings and got them installed.
Plus the hub rings for the front.
My rear wheels started out as 45mm offset, which is a little much for an 88 as the wheel tucks in.
But with 10mm spacers with 10mm longer Dorman studs I think it puts them out just enough.

KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So NICE :-)
Vicophine

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks absolutely beautiful, great find/great work!
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2019 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, next up is a decklid with a Mustang style scoop and a stock Fiero wing.
Also, I will be getting some Imsa ribbed side scoops in a month or two.
Of course all of this work will be a while as I still have a hood to finish for someone.
And that`s on top of working on a list of 30-something cupholders, etc.
The fun never ends.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock