Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Save the Dates! 25 Years of Fieros at Carlisle (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Save the Dates! 25 Years of Fieros at Carlisle by Fierochic88
Started on: 11-20-2018 08:47 AM
Replies: 83 (2294 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 06-29-2019 10:49 AM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

Save the dates June 20-23, 2019 for a special celebration of 25 Years of Fieros at Carlisle - the longest running Fiero show in the nation! This year's event has officially been expanded to 4 days and will begin Thursday afternoon with a gathering and Museum tour. Friday we will be doing a cruise event and Friday evening we have something special in the works! Saturday will be the show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds as part of Chevy/GM Nationals followed by a dinner at Hoss' and return to Carlisle for their awards celebration. The weekend will end with breakfast on Sunday AM.

We look forward to welcoming Fiero owners from all over to the event and are aiming to recreate our largest numbers at Carlisle - 135 Fieros! It will be a show not to be missed and we also are working on some other surprises so be sure to mark it on your calendar!

~ Jen
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Acknowledged... Thanks.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hi All,

Save the dates June 20-23, 2019 for a special celebration of 25 Years of Fieros at Carlisle - the longest running Fiero show in the nation! This year's event has officially been expanded to 4 days and will begin Thursday afternoon with a gathering and Museum tour. Friday we will be doing a cruise event and Friday evening we have something special in the works! Saturday will be the show at the Carlisle Fairgrounds as part of Chevy/GM Nationals followed by a dinner at Hoss' and return to Carlisle for their awards celebration. The weekend will end with breakfast on Sunday AM.

We look forward to welcoming Fiero owners from all over to the event and are aiming to recreate our largest numbers at Carlisle - 135 Fieros! It will be a show not to be missed and we also are working on some other surprises so be sure to mark it on your calendar!

~ Jen

sounds great.....Hoping to make it, myself......keep me posted, etc

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll plan on it next year.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there, the good Lord willing! The MAFOA 25th anniversary show should be quite an event. Certainly among the best and largest Fiero Shows around and always loads of fun.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2018 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully it won't be monsoonal like last year! Book your rooms ASAP if you plan to stay in the area for the event.
Oh, you guys with re-bodied FIERO's ---come out and play....it was lonely last year all by myself.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Hopefully it won't be monsoonal like last year! Book your rooms ASAP if you plan to stay in the area for the event.
Oh, you guys with re-bodied FIERO's ---come out and play....it was lonely last year all by myself.

Actually on Carlisle day 2018 it was pleasant and clear. The rain was the night before and stopped an hour before the show but it may hav been enough to scare off the skittish.. As for re-bodied Fieros there are quite a few around but like many Fiero owners they prefer to keep their car in the garage rather than drive and enjoy it. If I can't drive my Fiero its of no use to me.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-23-2018).]

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle 2017 was a monsoon Friday night and beautiful on Saturday. Carlisle 2018 Friday was rain soaked, Saturday was wet, misty, cloudy and in general lousy. My feet have finally begun to dry out. The Sunday drive home last year was one of the nicest days of the summer. Hopefully we can get a three day stretch of dry, sunny and not humid days for the 25th.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though its a long way off, please keep this site up dated. I just may fly up there from Atlanta. I was there 18 years ago with the Gilberts. Actually won a trophie with my Formula,
…...hey Jen, remember the amazing yellow Formula ( project )
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2018 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Booked my motel today. Book early if you are thinking of doing an overnight stay. On most booking sights you can cancel as late as the Thursday before the show with little to no cancellation fee. Not many 5-star resorts in Carlisle but there ae a few flea bag motels you do not want to get stuck at!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Even though its a long way off, please keep this site up dated. I just may fly up there from Atlanta. I was there 18 years ago with the Gilberts. Actually won a trophie with my Formula,
…...hey Jen, remember the amazing yellow Formula ( project )

Bob, we would absolutely love to have you back! We can include a raffle prize of POR-15 for you! In fact, Dad and I were just reminiscing about that over Thanksgiving.
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope to attend this one, with my 87GT.

------------------
my 86 2.8 intercooled turbo
[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/000_0663_zpsfab72cb2.jpg.html]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

i hope to attend this one, with my 87GT.

It would be great to have a fellow Central Virginian there!
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2018 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning on Bringing 2 with me

Looking forward to it !

Boz
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2018 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Planning on Bringing 2 with me

Looking forward to it !

Boz

Fabulous!!

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've registered my Formula and booked a B&B a mile away from the show. There's a Canadian Convoy in the works. What time do the Thursday festivities commence?

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 12-12-2018).]

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2018 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the Canadian group will be there! hopefully 15-20 of us!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great!! We are aiming for dinner at the latest, possibly earlier! Stay tuned!!

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2018 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jjd2296:

the Canadian group will be there! hopefully 15-20 of us!

Good people from all over come to the MAFOA show,, Even Europeans have joined us on occasion. About 3 years back there was a fellow from Ontario that took first place in the modified class or it may have been the Best of the Show award. It was a metallic Green GT with a 3.1L engine. Believe his name was Adam.
Spread the word; MAFOA welcomes everybody, so if you have a group of 2 ,30 or 50 , just come on down!! Its a fun event.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registration is officially open at www.mafoa.com!! If you register in January, you are entered for a free one-year membership to MAFOA! You also have a chance of getting a free t-shirt with your registration which is only available to the first 30 registrants. (Additional shirts will be available for purchase).

We are also super excited about the sponsors we have on board thus far including FieroJon's Fiero Parts & Service, Rodney Dickman, the FieroStore, Freysinger Buick/GMC, Derr's Fiero Collectibles, New England Fiero Association, Michigan Fiero Club, Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Fix-A-Flat, Long Island Fiero Enthusiasts, the Fiero Toy Box, Mechanix Wear and more!! And if you want to join us as a sponsor/raffle donor, please drop me a line!

~ Jen
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Registration is officially open at www.mafoa.com!! If you register in January, you are entered for a free one-year membership to MAFOA! You also have a chance of getting a free t-shirt with your registration which is only available to the first 30 registrants. (Additional shirts will be available for purchase).

We are also super excited about the sponsors we have on board thus far including FieroJon's Fiero Parts & Service, Rodney Dickman, the FieroStore, Freysinger Buick/GMC, Derr's Fiero Collectibles, New England Fiero Association, Michigan Fiero Club, Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Fix-A-Flat, Long Island Fiero Enthusiasts, the Fiero Toy Box, Mechanix Wear and more!! And if you want to join us as a sponsor/raffle donor, please drop me a line!

~ Jen

That link is not working for me.
PFF
System Bot
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is what I can find for the link

Carlisle 25th

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last time I was at a Carlisle show was 2000. Would be cool to go again.

------------------
88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo, water/meth injection
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project
84 IMSA wide body SE: Restoration project
14 GMC Sierra: Daily Driver

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2019 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in the planning stages of trying to make it out there from New Mexico. Plan is to drive my Fiero the whole way. I have family out in that area as well so its a win/win for me.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

That link is not working for me.

Oops - must have been the exclamation points! www.mafoa.com and then click on Carlisle on the left side.

Please let us know how we can help with planning your trip!

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 01-29-2019).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

The last time I was at a Carlisle show was 2000. Would be cool to go again.

Absolutely! We'd love to have you out again!!
Mykola

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2019 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykolaSend a Private Message to MykolaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Putting this on my calendar!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2019 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mykola:

Putting this on my calendar!

Awesome!! Let me know if you have questions!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who is registered by February 28 will be entered to win a free "extra" event T-Shirt. The winner will be announced March 1. Additionally, we have less than 10 free with entry shirts remaining so register today at www.mafoa.com

~ Jen
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2019 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good. I will register this week then. My son is super excited to do this with me.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2019 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good. I will register this week then. My son is super excited to do this with me.

We will be thrilled to (likely) award you that long-distance award! ;-)
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2019 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the contest for longest distance just heated up! Spadesluck is coming from New Mexico! Who's going to join him (and us) at Carlisle in June?

~ Jen
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2019 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jen, like I said, there's a good chance I'll be up there this June. I won't be able to stay all 4 days, but Saturdays show sound great. Bob-15
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2019 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am all registered. Now just need to get the car in order. Ha
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Hey Jen, like I said, there's a good chance I'll be up there this June. I won't be able to stay all 4 days, but Saturdays show sound great. Bob-15

It would be wonderful to see you again!!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2019 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

I am all registered. Now just need to get the car in order. Ha

;-)
tiretread

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2019 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope I can make this!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2019 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've got a great turnout for pre-reg and we hope you can join us! Register today at www.mafoa.com
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2019 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We've got a great turnout for pre-reg and we hope you can join us! Register today at www.mafoa.com

Hi Jen, I won't be registering until the 3800SC is finished. Hope it will be in time.

Out of curiosity were you around when our Carlisle spot was in front of the grand stands? I came across some pics from 1999 I believe and this looked like the perfect spot. Check them out. A lot of Fieros. Anyone care to count?

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2019 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to Steve Pishock the winner of March's #fierosatCarlisle25 pre-registration giveaway! Steve won a custom-engraved water bottle made by Dave Fanning for getting his registration in early!

Want to be eligible for our next giveaway? This week's focus will be on adding new states to our attendees list. For every state we add to the list by April 7, we will give away a Carlisle tee to someone on our pre-registration list!

States/Provinces currently attending: PA, VA, WV, NM, NY, OH, MI, MD, NH, Ontario - Who can we add this week?

Head to mafoa.com to register today and save!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock