Fiero Windshields NOT Chinesse Brand $250 EA One Time Offering by prosource
Started on: 11-10-2018 04:10 PM
Replies: 14 (693 views)
Last post by: fierogt28 on 09-22-2023 09:02 PM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2018 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have windshields made by LOF years ago that we are offering at $250 each. They have the correct tint with top shade band factory label. I am pretty sure all that is offered is Chinese glass. We have what you need to keep the car as close to original, very rare in this day and age. We have spent considerable time and money in this opportunity. We are the only company to our knowledge of supplying all the glass by an original manufacturer for the Fiero. If you are in New England you can pick up the windshields saving freight and crate fee.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Prosource, can you tell me what is the crating and shipping fee to Ontario Canada? I have a major bullseye right in front of the driver on my '88 GT and would like a new windshield before this one cracks completely.
Thank you for the info......Fred W
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Fingers:

Hello Prosource, can you tell me what is the crating and shipping fee to Ontario Canada? I have a major bullseye right in front of the driver on my '88 GT and would like a new windshield before this one cracks completely.

Fred: There is a $25 crate fee. Truck freight from MA is $190 to Ontario based on sending to business address. Figure on approx $100 for brokerage/ customs clearance fees. We do not see the brokerage fee so it is approximate. Delivery time is about 5 business days.

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It might be easier for you to ship it to a "Mail Box" in the USA , pick it up there and drive it home yourself. I do this monthly and I use a place in Niagara Falls, New York which is about 5 minutes from rainbow bridge. They charge $3 per package, any size and weight as long as it fits through the back door. They cannot do skids however. This usually saves me a ton on shipping costs and they are reliable.
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the info Prosource. I will consider this. Fiero Montreal, thank you for your info. Niagara Falls NY is only 1 hour from me so this could be quite helpful.
How do I find out more info and address of this mailbox place?
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the info Prosource. I will consider this. Fiero Montreal, thank you for your info. Niagara Falls NY is only 1 hour from me so this could be quite helpful.
How do I find out more info and address of this mailbox place?

www.NYADDRESS.ca

Make sure you register and get your suite number before you use the service.

I've been using this place for 3 years without a problem. Make sure you print your receipt for customs when you cross the border.

[This message has been edited by FieroMontreal (edited 11-15-2018).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2018 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

It might be easier for you to ship it to a "Mail Box" in the USA , pick it up there and drive it home yourself.

That's absolutely the only way for Canadians to buy goods in the USA and not get totally ripped off on shipping and bullsh!t "brokerage" fees.

The other advantage of bringing items across the border yourself is that the government border agents will often just wave you through (with no duty charged) for goods with a value of up to $200... and possibly even more if they're real busy.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-15-2018).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2018 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 Fingers

If you want to buy a windshield from Prosource, PM me as I and a few others may go in with you and it may reduce shipping costs and simpilfy things. I also want some new door glass if available from the same vendor. Sent them a message, no reply yet.

I have someone who can grab the parts for us and bring them across from Buffalo.

PM me

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 11-16-2018).]

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2023 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any left in stock?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2023 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man... I totally missed this. I'm interested too, if possible.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2023 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be great…

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. Beechwood interior, All original.

PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2023 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a heads up that Richard (Prosource Glass International) has been out of the glass business for 5 years now. I was in contact with him recently and this is what he mentioned.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2023 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes he is with a new company and never returned a request on side glass.

But I was able to polish it out. I even restored my original glass.

The Summit Racing glass polish kit works. Slow but works.
fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2023 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if Richard in still in the glass business and has leverage to produce aftermarket glass for the Fiero.
Sometimes guys with connections have more saying power than just regular employees.

That would be great if this glass could be reproduced for the Fiero community.
It’s a very desirable product as windshields and side glass are the most needed today, than ever.
30 year old glass is hard to look new today unless it was a garages car all its life, or stored for many years.
Just like any vintage car collector in this hobby.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

fierogt28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2023 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogt28

2937 posts
Member since Feb 2005
I wonder if Richard in still in the glass business and has leverage to produce aftermarket glass for the Fiero.
Sometimes guys with connections have more saying power than just regular employees.

That would be great if this glass could be reproduced for the Fiero community.
It’s a very desirable product as windshields and side glass are the most needed today, than ever.
30 year old glass is hard to look new today unless it was a garages car all its life, or stored for many years.
Just like any vintage car collector in this hobby.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock