What fiero to buy by John78
Started on: 10-24-2018 05:10 PM
Replies: 7 (219 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 10-24-2018 09:31 PM
John78

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John78Send a Private Message to John78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking to trade for a fiero options are a 86 sport with 64k on it iron duke 4 cyl. Red or a 86 se with a v6 and 94k on it gold . Both in great shape .
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John78:

Looking to trade for a fiero options are a 86 sport with 64k on it iron duke 4 cyl. Red or a 86 se with a v6 and 94k on it gold . Both in great shape .

I'm not exactly sure what your goal is, but you might be better off to be posting this in The Mall.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-24-2018).]

John78

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John78Send a Private Message to John78Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just trying to get some opinions from current fiero owners . I don’t know much about them and want to get the best option.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really going to be your choice. Do you want the bigger motor? That's a big decision right from the start. The other thing you need to look for on both of those cars is rust. Do a search on the forum to give you a hand on where to look on these cars. I have family in Macomb, I know the kind of rust cars get up there.

I always wanted a fastback. So V6 for me.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by John78:

Just trying to get some opinions from current fiero owners . I don’t know much about them and want to get the best option.

Oh. I didn't understand your post. I thought the two Fieros mentioned were ones that you already owned and wanted to trade.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Duke is a slug - V6 has more power.
Buy the one you enjoy driving.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-24-2018).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
V6 has half again the power of the 4 cylinder...The Duke is an old style engine that doesn't have much power......92-95 hp. The V6 has 140 HP so it moves out smartly. Also, the V6 just sounds really good with the stock Fiero exhaust.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2018 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should use a similar process to selecting a Fiero that you would for choosing any vehicle among the many available alternatives.

Here are a few considerations:
What style do you prefer? The original more distinctive notch-back or the more common faux-fastback style?
Do you prefer the cleaner sided models without the superfluous lower door and body trim pieces or do you like the additional details?
Do you prefer standard or automatic transmission for the driving you will be doing?
The 2.5L is adequate for normal traffic flow particularly if mated to a 4 or 5 speed manual transmission.
The 5 speed transmission yields better mileage and lower noise for highway cruising due to lower engine rpm.
The 2.8L is more than adequate for normal traffic flow regardless of the transmission.
(If you're on an 80 MPH interstate, the 2.5L won't have much oomph left.)
Do you want A/C or a sunroof for better airflow?
What color do you like? Both red and gold fade significantly with continuous exposure; white is more resilient.

Bias disclaimer:
I've had the white '84 SE 2.5L 4 speed since new (May '84) and it's still a daily driver at over 236,000 miles.
I've had the white '88 Formula 2.8L 5 speed since Feb 2008. Purchased with 3,230 miles in showroom condition, now has 23,600 miles on it.
I've had the red '86 2.5L 5 speed coupe since Feb 2011. I swapped in an '87 2.5L in 2013. The car has 85,000 miles on it and shares daily driver duties with the '84.
Except for some maintenance replacement stuff, all are pretty much factory stock. They are garaged when not in use and not used in wet salty weather.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock