Current plan { by bjm362
Started on: 10-22-2018 07:28 PM
Replies: 4 (229 views)
Last post by: pmbrunelle on 10-23-2018 06:50 PM
bjm362

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so the 88 GT is in the shop getting some needed maintenance. After it comes out (tomorrow hopefully) the Grand Prix GXP goes in for maintenance.
I have been researching my butt off on the Cadillac HT engine separating facts from myth and developing ideas for what I want and how to get there.

For one thing I am now certain that both the 4500 and the 4.9 are very good engines (much better than the early 4.1s)_ and most of what I know about hot rodding can be applied.

I have sorted out some of what can be mixed and matched, and some of what cannot!!! This has opened up new power options.

For now, the 4500 stays in it with the 450 cfm Holley. It is getting a mild nitrous kit though. I also have a manifold being ported and polished to be installed down the line a bit.
Down the road a bit further I intend to build a high compression 4.9 and have already ordered heads and manifold for that.

I only expect to make a little over 225 WHP (300 with the nitrous) with the 4500, approaching 1 hp per CI. I expect to make a little more than 1 hp per CI with the 4.9 and even more with the nitrous!

If that setup isn't powerful enough, then its time for a turbo!!!!!!!!!

Call me CrAzY if you must, but wish me luck if you can....

[This message has been edited by bjm362 (edited 10-22-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2018 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently when I edited I accidentally double posted. The software will not let me delete the second post. If an administrator would delete one of them, I would appreciate.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2018 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck!
Johns 4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Johns 4.9Click Here to visit Johns 4.9's HomePageSend a Private Message to Johns 4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are crazy, but a good kind of crazy! Good luck with your build. Looking forward to seeing your results.
Cheers.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2018 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjm362:
Down the road a bit further I intend to build a high compression 4.9 and have already ordered heads and manifold for that.

[...]

If that setup isn't powerful enough, then its time for a turbo!!!!!!!!!

Ideally, you should make up your mind regarding the turbo, so that you build the engine with the correct compression ratio.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock