Anyone See Jay Leno Fiero Apprasal by Larry Nakamura
Started on: 09-28-2018 01:04 AM
Replies: 3 (440 views)
Last post by: sledcaddie on 09-30-2018 12:10 PM
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw an episode of Jay Leno's Garage where they had an 88GT
with T tops. It was appraised at 14K five years ago and today at 17K. Check
out the color matching rims! Would be nice to know more about the car.

[This message has been edited by Larry Nakamura (edited 09-28-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have always found that appraisels have nothing to do with real world prices. If you want colision insurance for an old car, you get it appraised. The figure is usually a lot higher than you get when you sell.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As for Fiero appraisals I have my doubts. Right now there is a guy on eBay selling a beautifully modified 3800SC Fiero and the bids didn't go past $4,000. The owner probably has $10-$12 K in it. Its been relisted at a starting bid of $6,600 and so far no bids. I do believe that most 84-87 Fieros sell low as the demand is just not there. Only the rare 88's seems to sell for a decent price.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sledcaddie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sledcaddieSend a Private Message to sledcaddieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I saw that on Jay Leno too. I agree. Appraisals are usually higher than reality. I don't think Fiero's will ever really go "off the charts" in selling prices like some "classics" have. The Fiero community is small. Many people I run into do not even know what it is. "What is that?" If rarity had anything to do with pricing, all Fiero's would be worth much more, because there just aren't that many around anymore.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock