Started on: 09-07-2018 07:24 PM
Replies: 12 (566 views)
Last post by: motoracer838 on 09-30-2018 01:13 PM
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2018 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was watching the auction and my internet goes down. When I came back on they were rolling an Indy off the stage. What did it sell for?

Thanks, Jack
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It went for $3,,500, It was an auto...

Joe
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe this is showing that the Fiero is rapidly becoming a car of interest to collectors, and soon will be a regular item in the collector car agenda. I never saw a Fiero in any collector car auction years ago, now their slowly creeping in. What do you think ?
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only $3,500? Must've been in poor condition.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
People just don't want the automatics. I have seen it over and over again, manual fieros get a better price.
J Gunsett

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, I only saw about 2 sec of them pushing the car off the stage and the back half looked pretty good.

Jack
Horse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HorseSend a Private Message to HorseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2018 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that car is definitely not in the best of condition. The engine has rust, and the bay in general is pretty dirty, same for the trunk up front. The drivers door has all sorts of paint chipping around the molding....

By many standards, it is a NICE Indy, but not one I would deem worthy as a collector car or anything.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2018 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad price for condition and auto. Cars always look a lot better in pictures. Good candidate for a decent restoration and then take it to car shows.If it was me I would restore it and put a nice 3800SC and enjoy driving it :-)
edfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My dad was recently at one of these televised auctions in Harrisburg PA. He said that many of the cars were junk.
Not all high quality restorations like you might expect.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2018 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a Mecum driver for the Harrisburg, Pa shows and there was a Fiero there this year that I missed driving because someone beat me to it. The show is Thur-Fri-Sat and they save the cream puffs for Saturday.

All drivers are volunteers so no pay but you do get to drive some interesting vehicles and you get a free Mecum T-shirt and Cap..

Last year a friend of mine drove a 53 Rolls Royce. When he got to the stage area he shut off the engine and the Mecum staff will push the car across the stage (for safety reasons) Don't want to risk an accidental burn-out on tv! Anyway they thought he had his foot on the brake or it was in Park. (No park in these oldies) The car was so heavy that it took an additional 3 Mecum staff to just push the car across the stage and they were nearly out of breath at the end.

All of our drivers are members or associates of the Susquehanna Valley GTO Club but they accept any Pontiac owners.

My comments on some of the vehicles are neutral for obvious reasons.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Wow, that car is definitely not in the best of condition. The engine has rust, and the bay in general is pretty dirty, same for the trunk up front. The drivers door has all sorts of paint chipping around the molding....

By many standards, it is a NICE Indy, but not one I would deem worthy as a collector car or anything.

Its nicer than 90% of the Indy's you are lilely to run into.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2018 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:
Cars always look a lot better in pictures.

Amen, I just sold an 87' Trans Am, car look good in pics but hideous in real life, the paint was awful... Whoever said "the camera doesn't lie" didn't know shat about potography...

Joe

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock