rear window flag graphic by ethansfiero
Started on: 08-26-2018 06:34 PM
Replies: 8 (299 views)
Last post by: spirit on 08-28-2018 05:31 PM
ethansfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ethansfieroSend a Private Message to ethansfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all, I have been looking for a rear window american flag graphic but have had no luck finding one that is sized for the fiero rear window. I am looking for the flowing looking flag. If anyone has any direction were I should look that would be appreciated.

thanks
Sam
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great idea. I'd look for one sized for a 1990's light Dodge pickup. Still a bit too big, but it can be scaled. Actually, the shops that do this should have no problem fitting one to the Fiero.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey there Sammy, thanks for the idea . If its not to much trouble, maybe you can post a picture if you follow thru with this. That along with any info on any alterations or concerns concerning getting the correct size flag for Fieros rear window.
I love the idea and would like the same on my white 87 coupe.

…..Cause theres one thing for sure, There aint no other flag in the world as beautiful as ours !

Keep us posted if you please. Bob
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Hey there Sammy, thanks for the idea . If its not to much trouble, maybe you can post a picture if you follow thru with this. That along with any info on any alterations or concerns concerning getting the correct size flag for Fieros rear window.
I love the idea and would like the same on my white 87 coupe.

…..Cause theres one thing for sure, There aint no other flag in the world as beautiful as ours !

Keep us posted if you please. Bob
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put a vinyl decal American Flag on my car about a year ago. I REALLY like the look. I ordered mine just a tiny bit too short, and had to patch it together a little bit on the left hand side as you can see in the photo below.

The Fiero rear window is 56 inches wide, and 13 inches tall, and the entire top is curved from end to end. You will not going to find the exact size & shape, and you are going to have to trim it to fit.

Here is a link to a decal on Amazon , in the size needed (18" x 58"). I put brown paper on the back window, and cut it to the exact shape and size. It took some playing around, and trimming / adding a bit to the end where I cut off to much ect. When I got the template right, and all patched up, I used it to cut out another piece of brown paper, and made sure that the template was the shape and size I needed.

Although the image looks solid from the outside, I can see clearly in my rear view mirror. The only problem happens when it rains, and the water clings to the window in each of the tiny little holes in the vinyl. It makes it difficult to see out the window.

Here is what it looks like on my car. It does not look as pixelated in person. It pixelated like that when I reduced it in quality and image size to be able to post it here on the forum.

Here is a better shot at night that does not show the pixelation seen in the above photo:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 08-27-2018).]

ethansfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ethansfieroSend a Private Message to ethansfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I put a vinyl decal American Flag on my car about a year ago. I REALLY like the look. I ordered mine just a tiny bit too short, and had to patch it together a little bit on the left hand side as you can see in the photo below.

The Fiero rear window is 56 inches wide, and 13 inches tall, and the entire top is curved from end to end. You will not going to find the exact size & shape, and you are going to have to trim it to fit.

Here is a link to a decal on Amazon , in the size needed (18" x 58"). I put brown paper on the back window, and cut it to the exact shape and size. It took some playing around, and trimming / adding a bit to the end where I cut off to much ect. When I got the template right, and all patched up, I used it to cut out another piece of brown paper, and made sure that the template was the shape and size I needed.

Although the image looks solid from the outside, I can see clearly in my rear view mirror. The only problem happens when it rains, and the water clings to the window in each of the tiny little holes in the vinyl. It makes it difficult to see out the window.

Here is what it looks like on my car. It does not look as pixelated in person. It pixelated like that when I reduced it in quality and image size to be able to post it here on the forum.

Here is a better shot at night that does not show the pixelation seen in the above photo:

That is very cool and exactly the look I was thinking of. How was the quality of the graphic? If there was enough interest I wonder if we could get custom fitting sized for the rear window of the Fiero. thanks for posting

SAm

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ethansfiero:
That is very cool and exactly the look I was thinking of. How was the quality of the graphic? If there was enough interest I wonder if we could get custom fitting sized for the rear window of the Fiero. thanks for posting

It has been on my car around 2 years now, and no problems as of yet. I wish they made one for the inside of the window to be honest, but I have been unable to find one.

I do not think there is a chance of custom ones for out cars. They do not make sizes specifically for individual vehicles that I have found. They just come in basic sizes, that have to be customized by the purchaser / installer to fit whatever vehicle. Pretty much the same as window tint.

spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yOU MIGHT TRY A SIGN SHOP. tHEY CUSTOM MAKE THEM. Around here they are not expensive.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock