ROCKER PANEL by mousemeat
Started on: 08-24-2018 11:48 PM
Replies: 17 (367 views)
Last post by: Orig88GT-NC on 08-28-2018 10:23 PM
mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to locate the grey-plastic rocker panel that's on my '87 GT. one of the employees at one of the PEP BOYS Memphis locations,
damaged the rocker panel...the estimate to repair and re paint those grey pieces was $ 1,600 ..they weren't happy with the estimate
from the collision shop...but they will have to honor it. or my neighbor who's a LAWYER, has promised to send 'em a 'nice' letter
reminding them who caused the damage, etc..soI'm looking for the above item.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driver or passenger side?
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Driver or passenger side?

DRIVER'S SIDE....

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still trying to figure out what shop gave you a $1600 estimate to paint a strip of plastic. Hell, I would have done it for $200.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-25-2018 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I would like to see pics of estimate and damage. Heck, even a nice before shot of a $1,600 rocker.

You sound pleased to screw another.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I'm still trying to figure out what shop gave you a $1600 estimate to paint a strip of plastic. Hell, I would have done it for $200.

yeah, i had the same thought...however, not one dime is coming out of my pocket. PEP BOYS, will (sadly) have to foot the bill....it's their
problem...the panel will probably need to be replaced....with a new one ( fat chance) or a good used one...which i'm searching for.

that purchase will come out of my pocket...the rest..pep boys...
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mousemeat:
yeah, i had the same thought...however, not one dime is coming out of my pocket. PEP BOYS, will (sadly) have to foot the bill....it's their
problem...the panel will probably need to be replaced....with a new one ( fat chance) or a good used one...which i'm searching for.

that purchase will come out of my pocket...the rest..pep boys...

Matter of fact, I do...why ? because the idiot tech who smashed my rocker panel in, was LAUGHING about it....that kind of stuff, does not fly with me. and yup, I'm going to give it right back ...believe me, if it happened to any other member of this forum, to their beloved car, you might take the same attitude...especially they were laughing about a plastic car.....and the damage was quoted at two different collision shops at around 1600 plus change...face it, bump shops are expensive......no two ways around it..

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Pep Boys around here have a history of effing things up. I have little sympathy for them.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it was a new rocker panel, on a new car, it would probably cost less. The shop is probably covering themselves for issues that arise from age.

PEP BOYS should also pay for the panel itself. Usually, when they screw stuff up, insurance "repair" is a mockery.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A friend of Raydar's who works at a paint and body, prepped and painted my rocker for under $200. That was on the right side. I still have a left side, but I'm concerned about shipping it.

I hope you've inspected the coolant tubes to be sure they didn't damage those, too. Though the rocker I replaced was because of an accident, it had already been damaged by a Pontiac dealer that lifted the car by the rockers. Cracked both and dented both coolant tubes. The left has a minimal crack so I don't plan to replace it.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

A friend of Raydar's who works at a paint and body, prepped and painted my rocker for under $200. That was on the right side. I still have a left side, but I'm concerned about shipping it.

I hope you've inspected the coolant tubes to be sure they didn't damage those, too. Though the rocker I replaced was because of an accident, it had already been damaged by a Pontiac dealer that lifted the car by the rockers. Cracked both and dented both coolant tubes. The left has a minimal crack so I don't plan to replace it.

if you are willing to sell that rocker panel, I am willing to purchase it...and pay for shipping...the damage to mine is pushed in, and dented..the cooling tubes seem to be OK..and it's been hot as heck in memphis today, but no sign of overheating....which is good...and today, I had the A/c BLOWING cold....it's very hot today in elvis land..
PFF
System Bot
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mousemeat

124 posts
Member since May 2018

Originally posted by mousemeat:
if you are willing to sell that rocker panel, I am willing to purchase it...and pay for shipping...the damage to mine is pushed in, and dented..the cooling tubes seem to be OK..and it's been hot as heck in memphis today, but no sign of overheating....which is good...and today, I had the A/c BLOWING cold....it's very hot today in elvis land..

I'll try and post a picture of the damage..later today...maybe towards evening hours...just too hot to be outside......whew!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2018 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to try to find a shipping tube that's long enough. Kind of busy so it may take a couple of days. PM or email your contact info.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some shops these days don`t listen to what you have to say regarding your car.
I took my car in to one of the major chains to have exhaust tips welded on and I even gave them a copy of the lifting points.
I watched from the waiting room and when I saw the guy drop the copy I gave him on top of a toolbox and start to lift the car I went
out to the shop and sure enough he was about to try to lift it from the plastic rockers.
After that they tried to tell me that they would need to remove the whole exhaust to straighten it out to put the tips on.
I told them to just cut the pipe at an angle and weld it on.
They said no go, so I had them drop it and I found an independent shop that did what I asked.
andreww

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for andrewwSend a Private Message to andrewwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, just came across an brand new panel for $100CDN. Unfortunately its passenger side.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-aut...hNavigationFlag=true
spirit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spiritSend a Private Message to spiritEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there would be hell to pay for someone to damage my rockers. They are from Dietmar in Germany and I had to go there to get them
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spirit:

.....They are from Dietmar in Germany and I had to go there to get them

Yeah, thats because the guy was a stuck up prick. Always doing the "look at me, look at me" dance, thumbing his nose at everyone but wouldn't ship to the U.S.

If yours ever get damaged, I would have someone make a mold of them and possibly start making them. They are really beautiful and fit the car very nice.
Orig88GT-NC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess a few of Dietmar's Rocker Panels made it to the US, I have a set... They do look great, but did take some work to make them fit well..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock