Switch ? by mousemeat
Started on: 08-23-2018 10:29 AM
Replies: 8 (247 views)
Last post by: 87GT2M6 on 08-29-2018 10:39 AM
mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lately, been having trouble with the driver's side window..going up and down..it goes down fine...but when I push the switch to bring it up,
nothing...dead in it's tracks....if I keep pressing the switch, eventually, it goes back up..I'm thinking of a bad switch ? does anyone have any additional input ?

thanks in advance.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had a similar recurring issue and have changed switches with brand new ones. So it's possible.

The last time this happened with the new switch, I pulled the door panel to check the wiring. It was OK.
But when I banged on the metal panel the motor was attached to with a rubber hammer, the motor came to life.

In my case, I expect I will need to replace the motor at some point.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
same here, however I noticed if I push on the switch slowly there is a sweet spot it catches on and goes up fine, but if I push all the way it doesn't go up.

JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try swapping the left and right switches and see if the problem follows. That will let you know if the problem is in the switch itself.
JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JMTUT

371 posts
Member since Oct 2017
I replaced my switches with these aftermarket. They illuminate and fit into the existing slots.

https://www.amazon.com/uxce...+window+switch&psc=1
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JMTUT:

Try swapping the left and right switches and see if the problem follows. That will let you know if the problem is in the switch itself.

I swapped the switches, now the left switch makes the passenger window go down
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2018 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JMTUT can you post pictures to see how they look? and how did you wire them up? connectors are different.

JMTUT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2018 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can try and get pictures later. I just wired them using spade connectors and small individual spades into the existing fiero connectors. That way I can change back with no issues. I later made a custom console cover so pictures now wouldn't help. I do know they plugged right in to the top of the original fiero window switch panel. The switch is then on top instead of underneath. It adds a little extra wiring to the bundle but there is plenty of room.

Pic of the switches in the new console.

Low resolution of them in the original console. The only pic I have.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2018 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks JMTUT

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock