Started on: 08-16-2018 05:28 AM
Replies: 13 (467 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 08-24-2018 02:30 PM
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! On this day 30 years ago the last Fiero rolled off the assembly line.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
........a moment of silence.....then lets go fire up our Fiero's and drive around with PRIDE. After all, that's what Fiero means anyway, "Pride".
x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, thanks for grabbing that fact for us. I agree, a moment of silence.....
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2018 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fate this fun and rewarding car did not deserve.
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2018 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

A fate this fun and rewarding car did not deserve.

History repeated itself...with the release of the SOLSTICE...which also got killed...

PONTIAC did not deserve it's untimely fate, either....while BUICK is allowed to live...

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That’s because “we build excitement” lost all meaning when they started building cars that looks and performed like everything else on the road.

*sighs*
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted this from another thread a while back but seems relevant here.

Originally posted by Jason88Notchie:

The previous owner that I bought my Formula from worked at the Pontiac plant producing the Fiero's from 1983-1988. I'm not sure if you guys have seen this letter to the employees once they closed the plant, but I figure this is totally worth posting. Very sad. When I picked up the car he showed me the Fiero Memory Book that they passed out to the employees. It was totally fascinating. Would have loved to get my hands on that but those are his memories. No doubt he wanted to keep that. So, here it is. Fiero proud. He told me some stories about how they felt they were doing something meaningful. And to quote the Plant Manager: "From Our Hearts...From Our Hands...Into History". LOL...They really never knew the following they would get for these fine cars 26 years later.

LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In addition to the death of the Fiero, this day will be remembered by me because my Daughter AND Daughter in-law were born on the same day and year.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well 30 years is a long time.

As for the Fiero death it was a much more complex issue than just GM alone. GM was a major part of the death but the Corvette people contributed too.

Also Pontiac played a major part too . They over built 5he car in the early years to justify the plant and production. The compromises that caused issues just to get the car into production hurt too. The defying GM leaders and subverting them was fatal.

As for the Solstice it was just too little too late and the 2 seat market is a limited market. Most 2 seat cars never live more than 5-8 years at best. Only the Vette and Miata have had staying power due to one being an icon and the Miats being sold globally in limited numbers in multiple markets.

As for Pontiac vs Buick if the Emperor has liked Pontiac it would have survived.

To be honest my gut says Buick will becom3 a China only brand in the not to distant future.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 08-17-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a last day production Fiero here.. #226338 possibly the last vin R Fiero built.. I need to restore this one..

[This message has been edited by Indyellowgt (edited 08-17-2018).]

Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I own the 222941 vin code 88GT. I ordered it from the dealer and
picked it up in July 88 and is still in my garage 30 years later. It is a
CA car and either garaged or under a car cover it's whole life. God
only knows how much money I've spent on it over the years. I still
love it and it still gets a lot of looks. Occasionally I have someone
ask me if it's for sale, which it is not.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You DO have a nice car, Larry!
Great thread and postings, as sad as it is. Thanks, everybody, for keeping our cars and Pennocks going!

JC
'86 SE w/238,000 mi.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock