88 GT T-Top on Jay Lenos Garage by TM_Fiero
Started on: 08-10-2018 09:43 AM
Replies: 7 (1016 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 08-18-2018 10:28 AM
TM_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the end of Jay Jenos garage last night (8/9/2018) during the Assess and Caress with Donald Osborne portion a red 88 GT T-Top was one of the three cars featured. They claimed the GT increased in value 21% in the last 5 years, but was lowest of the three cars featured. But overall good things were said about the Fiero, which is nice to see on a TV car show.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. I have been patiently waiting for Mr. Leno to feature the Fiero on his show. I find it odd that he hasn't yet beings the Fiero is the only place holder for a mass produced mid-engine car in the US. He loves the Corvair, why not give our favorite 2 seater some love!
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When i was a kid, the Corvair was the car that i wanted. i remember seeing them in the showroom when my dad was shopping for a car. He ended up buying a 64 Pontiac Bonneville. Later i drove a VW bug and bus. Perhaps that is why i gravitated to the Fiero.
jon

------------------
I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 4-wheel drifts are fun! 3800 SC swap to come!

mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2018 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by longjonsilver:

When i was a kid, the Corvair was the car that i wanted. i remember seeing them in the showroom when my dad was shopping for a car. He ended up buying a 64 Pontiac Bonneville. Later i drove a VW bug and bus. Perhaps that is why i gravitated to the Fiero.
jon

Back in 1969, I bought my 2nd used car, from my after school job...it was a 1964 corvair conv...4 speed....in 1971, I replied the original 110 hp...with an engine from a corsa...the non turbo...140 hp beast.....loved that car....my first 'new' car...bought when I came home from the service....in late 1972, was a new '72 VEGA GT. 4 speed with psi-traction.....yrs later, I finally got that FIERO. '87 GT. 5 speed....with only a little over 60k on it...and it has spend it's entire life on the west coast...before I brought it to good olde Elvis land....Memphis !
bjm362

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bjm362Send a Private Message to bjm362Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is nice to see the Fiero get some deserved attention, but I am glad it happened after I got mine!

During the last 6 months I have been watching the market for Fieros. It seems to me that the value of the GTs, more so with the 88's, has been slowly but steadily rising.
I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get one... As I became a little more able to buy one, the value seemed to rise just enough to keep what I wanted out of reach.....
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjm362:

It is nice to see the Fiero get some deserved attention, but I am glad it happened after I got mine!

During the last 6 months I have been watching the market for Fieros. It seems to me that the value of the GTs, more so with the 88's, has been slowly but steadily rising.
I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get one... As I became a little more able to buy one, the value seemed to rise just enough to keep what I wanted out of reach.....

I will agree that the price of the 88GT's has been rising. It was a one year limited production car so its fits the price formula. . As for the 84-87 Fieros, IMO the price has at best been stable. Still a cheap cult classic but that's why we own them. Fiero owners tend to be a very stingy group.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad a Fiero made it on the show. Can't wait to see it, anyone have a link ?

In 1982, I bought a restored 65 Corvair Monza convertible top, auto, 110 engine w/ 140 exhaust. When the 84 Fiero's came out, traded the Corvair in for it. The dealer bought the Corvair for his own collection.

Click for photo: //images.fiero.nl/2017/Corvair.jpg
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2018 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car they used on the show was not totally original but looked very familiar. Very hard to forget those red wheels as well as red mirrors. It would have been nice to use a 100% stock, original, un-cut, as off the assembly line car. But, just seeing one at all getting good press time certainly was refreshingly cool.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock