Started on: 07-30-2018 06:09 PM
Replies: 6 (303 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 10-10-2018 05:27 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2018 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RUCKUS 17 ~~~ doing the 3 Twisted Sisters!
This will be a drivers Ruckus featuring one of the most famous (notorious) cruises in Texas!

Dates: October 12-14
Hotel: River Inn Resort & Conference Center @ 800.841.0501
https://www.riverinnresort.com/
ask for the ‘2018 Pontiac Group’ when reserving!

The resort is beautiful. I mean it... we drove 900 miles of roads before picking this place. They have 4 fire pits (wood provided), numerous grills, a covered gathering area if it rains, life jackets-canoes-tubes provided if the weather is warm, you can fish, and is kid friendly.

The Hill country is VERY popular in Oct/Nov... so this place WILL sell out. They currently have 22 rooms available, of which they blocked 20 for us and I know for certain that 5 are now taken.

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!!
(the resort will release our block of rooms on SEPT 09!… after that they will book to anyone and you may have to procure your own lodging. Kerrville is the closest large city)

Room rates are at off peak rates. $105/night
Each condo has a river view and full kitchen.
Each condo can sleep up to 4 people by having 1 queen bed and a full size sleeper sofa. Some condos are 1 bedroom and some are studio style... but all will sleep 4.

Friday: supper, a Kerrville restaurant
Saturday: 1 Sister then BBQ lunch. Sister 2 & 3. Lost Maples Winery (Lost Maples State Park very nearby if folks would rather see trees than vines). Supper in Kerrville.
Sunday: Mexican Brunch in Kerrville

Not to scare anyone away... but I want to give full disclosure for Saturday:
The area we will attempt to drive ‘as spirited as traffic allows’ is fairly isolated. No cell service in much of it. Try to make sure your car is in good repair, I can only imagine how long or how much $ a tow might run... and not many places to easily pull off.
This is not to discourage or scare anyone away! You should still come! Float the river on Saturday if the drive is not for you... or maybe just make lunch and then call it from there. We will do the kinkiest sister (TX-337) in the morning.

We will do swag bags... so bring your two dozen or so pieces of swag!
Long sleeved R17 themed shirts are in the works!
As always... Bring a radio!

(Thanks Tom and Troy & Elvie for scouting with me!)

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 07-30-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, if you guys are making an adventure out of Friday, which I know you usually do I may drive out to meet up with ya`ll somewhere along the way.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2018 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know we will!...

I’ve never been to Mason....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2018 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reserve your rooms soon... Also T-shirts are in the works... looking at our first ever long sleeve.
Let me know what size(s) you would like.

Also, we will be doing Swag Bags!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2018 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For all Ruckus attendees,

I hope you have a safe journey down to the Hill Country. If you would like to join a caravan from North Texas, then be prepared for an early start. I normally hate early starts, but our logic is that with a 4-5 hour trip ahead of us, we are hoping to get to the resort with enough time to enjoy the river for a few hours before supper. The weather is finally starting to turn cooler, but i am determined to get a bathing suit wet this trip.

The morning rendezvous will be in Hillsboro at 0800 at the Country Czech Bakery, 302 Elm st.
We will leave at 0830 with whoever has made it. Will take state roads down to Mason Texas for lunch at the Willow Creek Cafe. The food looks good and they have pie, Tom. After lunch, we will take a quick stroll through the county museum next door and then boogie on down to the River Inn for afternoon fun. They have all sorts of water equipment, and you are welcome to bring fishing gear.

Don’t forget to bring:
Cash for your shirt order (about $20 per shirt we think)
SWAG bag items
Any random cool donations for our fund raising raffle
Family Radio

-blake
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2018 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those making the NTFC caravan on Friday morning... the meet location has changed!

We will now be meeting at H DONUTS... 126 W Elm, Hillsboro.
(the other place had an address that was out of the way)

So see you about 0800... gas up... and lets roll at 0830.

If your schedule puts you in Kerrville about suppertime... we will be at LaFours between 630-7p. It will be a long lesuirly supper so hopefully we will have people join that coud not get to the resort earlier. (1705 Junction Highway, Kerrville)

To bring list:
Bathing Suit! (not ‘birthday suit’, Tom)
Family Radio
$20 cash per shirt you ordered
SWAG bag stuffers
Random fund raiser raffle stuff (optional!) and cash for that (optional!)
Your own breakfast for Sat (lunch should be about 11 tho)

-blake

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2018 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock