Wiring Diagram Sourcing by Ravant
Started on: 07-24-2018 08:46 AM
Replies: 5 (356 views)
Last post by: Mytime on 07-25-2018 02:38 PM
Ravant

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in Technical, but...

Where do y'all source your wiring diagrams?

I really don't want to have to buy factory service manuals for a '97 GTP, a '02 Firebird and an '85 Fiero. (I already have the one for the Fiero.) And I also really don't want to shell out for an Alldata sub.

So what're my options for getting a full '97 GTP diagram and a body harness diagram/BCM pinout for an '02 Firebird? For once, my GoogleFu is failing me.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For any OBD2 swap, I pick up the FSM for the engine application and use it to create a multi sheet document to detail the wiring before I build the harness.

So much more wiring information, connector information, and troubleshooting guides are in the FSM than any other source. Need a connector for this sensor, the FSM tells you the part # for the terminal, the seal, and the connector.

You can normally pick up used FSM on ebay for under $200
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

For any OBD2 swap, I pick up the FSM for the engine application and use it to create a multi sheet document to detail the wiring before I build the harness.

So much more wiring information, connector information, and troubleshooting guides are in the FSM than any other source. Need a connector for this sensor, the FSM tells you the part # for the terminal, the seal, and the connector.

You can normally pick up used FSM on ebay for under $200

'Swhat I was afraid of. But yeah - I've got all the physical stuff (wiring, tools, terminals) to make a new harness with current connectors, but lack the pinout knowledge. I'mma see what I can find as far as a '97 GTP FSM. I'm hoping it's not too terribadly expensive.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do " Goggle " search for the wiring diagrams you are looking for. That is pretty much what I did when I installed a 2092 Firebird BC M into my 86 GT. In fact recently down loaded the FAN for the Camaro/Firebird.n
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

Do " Goggle " search for the wiring diagrams you are looking for. That is pretty much what I did when I installed a 2092 Firebird BC M into my 86 GT. In fact recently down loaded the FAN for the Camaro/Firebird.n

I did a Google-search. That's part of the problem, I'm only getting half the picture. I'm coming across images where it's pointing off to another diagram that's a bit more obscure, or worse, no longer hosted because Photobucket stopped allowing hotlinking unless you pay them some stupid fee. (Switched to Imgur, myself.)
Mytime

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MytimeSend a Private Message to MytimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This web site or the guy associated w/it may help. http://www.gmtuners.com/

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock