My A/C has a leak... by copperhens
Started on: 07-22-2018 01:41 PM
Replies: 2 (173 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-23-2018 08:21 AM
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had my AC recharged. The instruments didn’t show a leak. I took it home, and when I had it parked I heard a hissing. The high pressure shrader valve was leaking. So I had it replaced. Then had it recharged at the shop. The instruments once again showed no leaks. We checked it over several times. The next time I drove my Fiero, howeve, the AC didn’t work. I checked the pressure and it had once again leaked out. How can I track down this leak? I’d love to have AC before driving to the 35th in a black Fiero.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a dye that can be injected through the fill port that is visible under UV light. The leak should glow in the leaking area and pinpoint it for you.

Nelson
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2018 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

There is a dye that can be injected through the fill port that is visible under UV light. The leak should glow in the leaking area and pinpoint it for you.

Nelson

.............and make sure to check for leaks at the compressor (both sides) at the manifold connection at the firewall and at all the connections under the front hood

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock