4t65e trans question by adm927
Started on: 07-18-2018 12:40 AM
Replies: 10 (436 views)
Last post by: TXGOOD on 07-22-2018 10:25 PM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a 4t65e regular trans and hd trans? Or are they all hd? If not how do you know the difference? Which cars came with what?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 4T65eHD transmission has a stronger differential. You can tell the difference by the longer tail shaft housing that holds the heavy duty differential.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did they come in?
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don`t know about where you are but I found in my area it was a lot easier to find a non-hd transmission in a salvage yard than the HD.
I just used my differential off of the old tranny I had but if you don`t have access to one ZZP sells the differential and cover.
I think all of the supercharged cars came with them.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-18-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The HD was used with the supercharged engines.
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
adm927

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info so my 98 Riveira has one in it.
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A vehicle that originally had the HD version will show code MN7 on the RPO label.
More info
vette7584

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2018 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vette7584Send a Private Message to vette7584Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I don`t know about where you are but I found in my area it was a lot easier to find a non-hd transmission in a salvage yard than the HD.
I just used my differential off of the old tranny I had but if you don`t have access to one ZZP sells the differential and cover.
I think all of the supercharged cars came with them.

is there any other differences between the two outside of the differentials? is the gearing different? will a non hd tranny hold up with a differential swap? non hd's are very easy to find around me as well, some with very low miles, i have 2 hd tranny's that slip or wont go forward, if it is as easy as a diff swap, i may pick up a few

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone correct me since it's been a while, but doesn't the HD have a 4-bolt bracket on the backside of the trans. Non-HD is 3-bolt...

Bob
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2018 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I`m pretty sure you have to use the HD differential cover with the HD diffential and I think that side axle as well.
I`m not sure about the gearing.
The tranny I got to replace mine had a little lower gearing so it had a little better out of the hole acceleration.
From what I understand between the differential and the sprockets for the drive chains there are a number of different
gearing ratios.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock