Crank window handles / dew wipes by fierofrenzy
Started on: 07-04-2018 01:31 PM
Replies: 0 (274 views)
Last post by: fierofrenzy on 07-04-2018 01:31 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hip hip horray ! The dew wipe job is done ! So to you guys who gave me the little tip on removing the crank window handles, thanks a lot. I had them off in a matter of seconds.
Ron768 & Patrick, you guys weren't kiddin. The towel trick worked great !
Everything else went Ok except for those two "stupid' screws behind the glass. I have the tool to reach them ( made one in work ) but with 30 years in, those screws wouldn't budge.
Soooooo, where theres a will theres a way. I took a hack saw blade and just started sawing away. the dry rotted rubber broke off easily so I could see the area better. After a little bit of that, I grabbed the ( outer) wipe and it simply broke in half and pulled out. I did the same for the rear section . Once the dew wipe was out, the screws stuck out enough where I was able to grab onto them with channel locks and unscrew them that way.
Yea I know, sounds very primitive, but I had to do with what I had to work with.
The new wipes are in and they look great. Now onto the forth . God Bless America !
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock