Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Scavenger driving from Toronto to Miami- anyone to meet along the way? WTB 88 parts

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Scavenger driving from Toronto to Miami- anyone to meet along the way? WTB 88 parts by cam-a-lot
Started on: 07-02-2018 08:35 AM
Replies: 12 (376 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 07-07-2018 08:53 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello

I am planning a road trip to visit a friend in Miami in the next couple of weeks. It is hotter than hell here, so I figured Florida would be a good place to visit to cool off a bit..

I am bringing a minivan and a 5'x8' utility trailer, as I plan to grab an 88 suspension and some other goodies along the way. I am flexible as to which route to take there and back... (leaving the wife and kids at home ... so if anyone is looking to unload some 88 specific parts within a reasonable distance (i.e. no more than 3 hour detour), please PM me. Not desperate for any parts so I am not willing to pay ridicoulous prices, but I will be fair. Interested in hard to find parts to help keep my 88 on the road for many years, as well as cosmetic/wear parts if they are new or almost new condition (i.e. window glass, beechwood carpet, bezels, etc)

-mostly interested in rust free and damage free 88 specific parts, and mint Beechwood interior pieces. Also if you have new rubber seals that you are not planning to use (door seals, dew wipes, trunk seal,) delam /damage free GT tail lights, etc. Mint condition 88 coolant pipes, rad supports, etc??

Again, I am not in desperate need of anything in particular, and I am not looking for parts that are readily available on Rock Auto or other sources unless the pricing is considerably lower to justify driving there. Looking for new and above average condition parts only- nothing rusty, damaged or tired looking.

Thank you, please feel free to reply with approx location, pics, and pricing in USD.

thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also interested in LOW MILEAGE, mint Getrag from early 90's Cavalier/Beretta. I have one in my car now with the Rodney kit and it works great, but I want to be prepared if I do blow up the trannny one day. I am not interested in a worn, high mileage transmission- lots of those are available . But if you happen to know of a proven low mileage, non-abused V6 Cavalier/Beretta/Sunbird 5 speed along my route, it would be very much appreciated.

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're in a tough spot with me, I have a black '88 GT with a beechwood interior. But I do have quite a few NOS and used parts you can check out. Being in WNY, not far from Buffalo, I am sorta on your route and not too far from TO.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2018 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

You're in a tough spot with me, I have a black '88 GT with a beechwood interior. But I do have quite a few NOS and used parts you can check out. Being in WNY, not far from Buffalo, I am sorta on your route and not too far from TO.

PM sent

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not have any parts that you would need at all. However, if you are passing through West Palm Beach on the weekend, or during the week after 3:00 PM or so, hit me up and we can grab dinner / lunch somewhere. If you are going to Miami, you will be taking I-95 down the East coast from probably somewhere in Georgia. I-95 is just minutes from my house. Would be a good place to grab a bite and stretch, before your last 1 & a 1/2 to 2 hour drive to Miami from here.
You can drop me a PM, or call or text me on my ce| | which is area cOde 561 and then 23 six, and the followed by 7O24.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2018 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Nelson
Villain

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop by if you need 88 parts in saint petersburg florida, FieroMotive
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to everyone for their replies, and kind offers to grab lunch! I will PM before I leave.

If anyone has specific parts/pricing, please PM me with what you have along with address and contact info.

Peter
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's quite a long haul there cam-a-lot. I'm down here about 1/2 hour north of Atlanta Georgia. If that mini van of your starts to rattle to pieces, and you need any kind of assistance, my doors are open to you . I don't check my PM much, but you can email me at steelpedal@gmail.com. I'd hate to hear you got stuck someplace down here with no one to help out.
Are you taking Route 95 most of the way ?
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you travel 15 South thru the Gettysburg area, my door is open. I'm right on the MD/PA border.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am humbled by the sheer number of people who have messaged me, a complete stranger, to pop by, grab lunch or a drink, or just say hello on my way down.

Happy July 4 to all our American friends!

I will visit as many people as I can and appreciate the offers

Peter
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I plugged in my utility trailer to get ready for the trip, unfortunately there were some sparks and it shorted out in a couple of spots. Replacing trailer wiring harness this weekend and will start the trip in a few days.

Will PM everyone who I am planning to visit. Thanks again for all the offers

Peter
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2018 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cam-a-lot

2131 posts
Member since Oct 2010

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 07-07-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay