Fiero Cradle? by ceoair
Started on: 06-27-2018 09:38 PM
Replies: 10 (302 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-30-2018 01:30 PM
ceoair

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceoairSend a Private Message to ceoairEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any good reputable place to find a cradle for a '86 SE? Planning on doing a 3800sc swap this coming month and my cradle is rusted quite badly on a side
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ceoair:

Any good reputable place to find a cradle for a '86 SE? Planning on doing a 3800sc swap this coming month and my cradle is rusted quite badly on a side

Do you want one in Oklahoma, Montana or Canada?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ceoair:

...my cradle is rusted quite badly on a side

Have you checked the upper frame rails?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-27-2018).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2018 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick brings up a good point, how is the integrity of the rest of your vehicle? If you got rust on your cradle chances are high that its in other spots.
ceoair

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ceoairSend a Private Message to ceoairEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spadesluck:

Patrick brings up a good point, how is the integrity of the rest of your vehicle? If you got rust on your cradle chances are high that its in other spots.

Yes I have, the cradle just has a small rusted out point on my driver side rear, the rest of the cradle is as good as a 32 yearold car can be
ceoair

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ceoairSend a Private Message to ceoairEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ceoair

17 posts
Member since Feb 2018

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Do you want one in Oklahoma, Montana or Canada?

I am in the Dallas area of Texas, so Oklahoma will be the closest
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is repair of the cradle an option?
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2018 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post an ad up in the mall section of the forum. There are a lot of Texas Fiero enthusiast. Good luck.
ceoair

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceoairSend a Private Message to ceoairEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Is repair of the cradle an option?

Yes possibly, but I'm doing an engine swap and I just would rather replace my cradle since I'm going to be taking it out anyway just to make sure it's integrity is in tact
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pre-88 cradles are pretty beefy, repair of a small area is a good option.
They are also plentiful, and one advantage of finding a replacement is building your swap on a new cradle, then swap in the new cradle/driveline.
Very little down time for your FieroFun!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2018 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

17901 posts
Member since May 2004
To add, try for an 86-87 cradle, the 84 toe link inner brackets are in a slightly different location.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock