Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Because it makes me feel..... good! (random thoughts from railshot).

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Because it makes me feel..... good! (random thoughts from railshot). by railshot
Started on: 06-16-2018 07:24 PM
Replies: 35 (601 views)
Last post by: railshot on 06-21-2018 10:40 AM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, when I went out to the garage, I noticed several spider webs between my wheels, mirrors, and on the spoiler, so...…
I decided today was the day to take a drive!
93 degrees out, 80% humidity, and quite beautiful for an air conditioned cruise.

Fired right up after 3 weeks of being idle, a/c worked perfectly, and believe it or not, I saw another GT in town again..
I tracked the young man down the last time I saw him, and he lives not more than 1/2 mile from me.
Thumbs up from him and from me when we spotted each other..... now, that is something special.

I started to think, why do I keep this thing around and only drive it every 2 or 3 weeks?

When it comes right down to it, I keep it because when I do drive it, it makes me smile.
I mean, really smile big!

Just turned 86,260 miles today, and that is only the beginning!
Now that I am officially retired, the miles will be adding up every summer as miles mean jack to me.

Last weekend was my first officially "retired" weekend, and of course, I had to blow out my previously moderately damaged umbilical hernia...…
lol, did not keep me out of the Fiero today though!

Getting old has it's issues, but there are ways around them, and getting rid of the GT is not one of them!

(yeah, I like smiley's) heheheheheh

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day I install the seat covers I bought last summer, and can finally take my very young and new (just about 9 months old) Shih-Tzu for a long cruise with me.

He is not the best at potty training yet, but he is my co-pilot from here on out....
His name is Chewy, and before I retired, the guys at work bought me a T- shirt that says "Chewie is my co-pilot"... LOL!
He is, and Chewy and I will be having some great adventures soon!

Here is Chewy....

Watch this post for pics of our upcoming travels together.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awh man, that stories awesome. Ride free my man !
Lord willin', I hope to retire in 4 years. I got 2 Fieros. An 88 yellow Formula 5 speed and an 87 4 banger auto. I love them both.
And like you, yea, they make me feel good. Real good. Downright fun cars to drive.
And just about every time I'm out on the streets, I get an excited comment from someone. Usually at a red light. Happened today !
So ride free my man. And if your ever in Georgia, drop me a line. Can't get enough Fiero ya know.....
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

Awh man, that stories awesome. Ride free my man !
Lord willin', I hope to retire in 4 years. I got 2 Fieros. An 88 yellow Formula 5 speed and an 87 4 banger auto. I love them both.
And like you, yea, they make me feel good. Real good. Downright fun cars to drive.
And just about every time I'm out on the streets, I get an excited comment from someone. Usually at a red light. Happened today !
So ride free my man. And if your ever in Georgia, drop me a line. Can't get enough Fiero ya know.....

All I can say is this..... they do make me feel good!
Love that you have 2 right now, and both are going to be in your future.

A Formula will be in my future I hope, but those little buggers are getting dang hard to find, and expensive when you do.
Glad you have one!

I had an '87 4 banger 5 speed back in '87, and that truly was one sweet ride.
Drove it over 100 miles every day to work and back, and loved every second of it.
Winter, spring, summer and fall, it never failed me!

4 years goes by so fast you will not believe it.

I get thumbs up and comments also, but there is just something inside me that gets all relaxed and happy every time I am behind the wheel even if nobody notices it and or me, (I am sure all of us know that feeling to some point).
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I retarded- I mean Retired 3 years ago.....And I suspect my warranty ran out about the same time! My knees, elbows, back....I should have gone for the "Extended warranty" 'cause nothing ever goes bad while under warranty......

One thing I've noticed just recently is that the Fiero (85 SE V6 (3.4/5spd/88 rear) has been getting low-er and low-er.....I'm pretty sure I haven't been adjusting the springs/ride height but man is it getting harder to get into- and out of.....Also, there are a whole series of french words and grunts and groans when I have to crawl under her to fix or adjust something- Even tho I swear that I jacked her up to the same height- Heck, I'm using the same jack-stands!

Just plan out your maintenance and move a bit more...Pragmatically....While getting in or out- or crawling under!
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG! That dog is coming home with ME! I will me in MN the end of July, and we usually head over to Cascade Falls in WI, so that is when I will make my move

Seriously, that dog is adorable.... I can not think of a manly word that comes close, so adorable it is LOL! I have always had Shihtzu's, and that looks just like my last dog Buddy as a puppy.

Oh, Fiero..... yea, nice Fiero story as well

EDIT: Had to dig out a picture of my "Buddy".

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-16-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

OMG! That dog is coming home with ME! I will me in MN the end of July, and we usually head over to Cascade Falls in WI, so that is when I will make my move

Seriously, that dog is adorable.... I can not think of a manly word that comes close, so adorable it is LOL! I have always had Shihtzu's, and that looks just like my last dog Buddy as a puppy.

Oh, Fiero..... yea, nice Fiero story as well

EDIT: Had to dig out a picture of my "Buddy".

Aww, a manly word is not needed when it comes to a dog and his human.
That "little dude" you had is absolutely adorable.
They may be small, but they have the heart of a wolf, and the cleverness of a human.

Your "Buddy" was also the name of my last Shih-Tzu.
He was just about to turn 17 when he finally had had enough, and yes, he was my co-pilot in all of my Fiero's right to the end.

Here is my Buddy when he was a pup...….

Notice any similarities with Chewy? LOL.

And here is my Buddy 1 year before he passed.

LOL, notice any similarities between his human and him?

I missed this little guy so much, I had to get another.....

Now, if I could just convince Chewy that I am not one of his toys so he would quit chewing on my fingers.....!
He is gentle and playful, and loves our 3 cats and other dog.
When the cats and the dog see him coming they run,...…. not out of fear, but they just cannot keep up with his playfulness.

I think he thinks he is a cat now that I think about it.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I retarded- I mean Retired 3 years ago.....And I suspect my warranty ran out about the same time! My knees, elbows, back....I should have gone for the "Extended warranty" 'cause nothing ever goes bad while under warranty......

One thing I've noticed just recently is that the Fiero (85 SE V6 (3.4/5spd/88 rear) has been getting low-er and low-er.....I'm pretty sure I haven't been adjusting the springs/ride height but man is it getting harder to get into- and out of.....Also, there are a whole series of french words and grunts and groans when I have to crawl under her to fix or adjust something- Even tho I swear that I jacked her up to the same height- Heck, I'm using the same jack-stands!

Just plan out your maintenance and move a bit more...Pragmatically....While getting in or out- or crawling under!

LOL, I too have learned this new language when entering and exiting my Fiero due to the decreases in the ride height (totally stock and not adjustable even if I wanted to)…
Maybe this is why I like my ZR2 S10 so much...…. no wait, that has gotten higher and harder to get into also!

I think the French part comes naturally with me, it is just the grunts and groans that are a new addition.....

The space between myself and a properly lifted Fiero has truly diminished, and this I lend to space time travel... or,...... ok, I am getting fat!
Heheheh…...
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2018 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off, John, Your dog looks like he has a secret........Second, Rail, I actually have a minivan that I enjoy driving...Good height, A/C, and room for anything in back. And there are times when I ADD to the French dictionary.....

I have a cartoon I made up that I am going to frame and give to my Vet about dogs...I can not post here, so if one of you were willing I could Email it to you and you could post it for me here......
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious Johnny railshot . say your going on one of those fun cruises you often do. Who's your favorite band to listen to while " Movin' down the Highway" ? Its obvious we both grew up during those great years of classic rock bands. Back then you could go to a concert for 12 bucks. I've been to many. So who do do you rock out to while goin on a joy ride ?

Editors note - " Movin' down the Highway" is actually a song from my favorite southern rock boogie band. Check it out, is so appropriate.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofrenzy:

I'm curious Johnny railshot . say your going on one of those fun cruises you often do. Who's your favorite band to listen to while " Movin' down the Highway" ? Its obvious we both grew up during those great years of classic rock bands. Back then you could go to a concert for 12 bucks. I've been to many. So who do do you rock out to while goin on a joy ride ?

Editors note - " Movin' down the Highway" is actually a song from my favorite southern rock boogie band. Check it out, is so appropriate.

You are probably going to think this rather weird, but I do not listen to anything when cruising other that the sounds the car makes.
That is why the exhaust note is so special to me on the GT.

When I do listen to something on the radio, it is usually quite an eclectic mix..... 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's (90's is one of my favorites), classical, country (new and classic country), new age is still my relaxation home run (Enya is my fav), really almost anything with the exception of hard core rap....
I just cannot get into someone yelling at me or complaining while I drive, the wife does that enough when she is with me which is why I take Chewy now instead.... hehehh

You are spot on about the cost of tickets back in the day.
I saw Jimi Hendrix for $8.00! Procol Harum for $10.00, Sly and the family stone for …. free!

LOL, I played in a band from the time I was 13 until I was around 25 also and got to see many 60's and 70's bands for free because of that.
Back then they were just guys like me doing what they enjoyed and not like the mega celebrities that they seem to be now... sad in a way.
I could hook up with them and just hang like a new friend. Walk around town and show them "the" places to go, etc.. good times.

Edit: I totally forgot that Texas Blues is my all time favorites!
Google BB Chungking and the Buddaheads!
I am always looking for obscure bands like them.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-17-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by cvxjet:

First off, John, Your dog looks like he has a secret........Second, Rail, I actually have a minivan that I enjoy driving...Good height, A/C, and room for anything in back. And there are times when I ADD to the French dictionary.....

I have a cartoon I made up that I am going to frame and give to my Vet about dogs...I can not post here, so if one of you were willing I could Email it to you and you could post it for me here......

Heheheheh…….. My 2 HHR's are my comfort zone for vehicles.
Easy in, easy out, and like you said, room for "stuff" in the back.

Email the cartoon, I would love to see it and post it!
railshot@hotmail.com
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Your "Buddy" was also the name of my last Shih-Tzu.
He was just about to turn 17 when he finally had had enough, and yes, he was my co-pilot in all of my Fiero's right to the end.

My Buddy had just turned 17, before I lost him a week before this past Christmas. I still have his "daughter", she is 8 now.

This is pretty somber, and honestly odd to share on here. However, being your dog's name was also Buddy, I thought I would share this with you. I had never written anything like this before, and was just somehow inspired after losing him. I have this framed and hanging on a wall in my den.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-17-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

My Buddy had just turned 17, before I lost him a week before this past Christmas. I still have his "daughter", she is 8 now.

This is pretty somber, and honestly odd to share on here. However, being your dog's name was also Buddy, I thought I would share this with you. I had never written anything before, and was just somehow inspired after losing him. I have this framed and hanging on a wall in my den.

Buddy passed December 11th, 2017 at 2:30 pm as I gently rubbed his neck, he loved that.

That is beautiful John, simply beautiful.

My Buddy also lost his hearing, and then his eyesight.
Near the end he could not walk anymore and I would carry him everywhere he needed or wanted to go, day or night.
We would sit outside with me holding him for hours, and he at least could get all the good smells and he really enjoyed doing that right up to his last day.
I truly loved him, and he returned it with a gentle nudge with his nose regularly... his thank you to me for just being there with him.

I type this with tears in my eyes, but not only from sadness and loss, but also for the great memories of all the fun we had together.

Buddy is the reason I limped for 3 years.... When we would get back from a walk and neared the house, all I had to say was "You ready?" and the race was on for the front door.

One day I tried so hard to win, I blew out my achilles tendon on my left leg... never the same since, but worth all the pain to see the joy in his face every time he would beat me.
LOL, I never could beat him to the door, and I used to run 10 miles a day....

Thanks for posting that, it actually made my day and brightened it a bit with some fond memories.

Now I have Chewy, and he too knows already what "You ready?" means, and no, I can't beat him to the door either (especially now!).

Thanks for sharing that, it is so wonderful to see another that is that attached to a critter like we have.
Keep the one you have now happy and smiling, you know the rewards already, and yes, I too hope to be with Buddy again.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Heheheh….. I really like how this post has turned into the dog post!

Yup, they make me feel good also.

Here is the cartoon, and yes, I do believe that dogs rule the world.

Thanks for emailing it to me cvxjet, and I think your vet would get a chuckle out of it and hang it proudly!
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a Border Collie/Lab mix....She ran away from someone who was abusing her (She was terrified of shoes) and picked me.....The first day, I did not feed or pet her (Don't want a neighbor's dog running down the street for a hand-out).....Started barking at 10 pm, so I chased her out of the yard and closed the gate- 5 minutes later she had forced her way under the fence. 2 days later I left the gate open when I left for work "If you're here when I get home, we'll see" When I arrived she went into a super-zoomie, finally coming up to me sitting on the bench in the backyard, and buried her face against my belly....I have been owned ever since!

She caught Lyme disease from a tick (In the bay area- not up in the mountains) and has Lyme arthritis- one disc in her neck is gone, and 2 more are worn down, so I have a neck support on her.....As long as she is happy, I will have my best friend......of 13 years......
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2018 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heheheh….. I really like how this post has turned into the dog post!

I wanna play too then. I can even make it Fiero related.

Picture of two of my favorite young ladies from exactly ten years ago. Alannah (stepdaughter) is now 21 years of age and all grown up. Frankie (Siberian Husky) crossed the rainbow bridge a year and a half ago at age 15. I miss her every day... but I have so many happy memories.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I wanna play too then. I can even make it Fiero related.

Picture of two of my favorite young ladies from exactly ten years ago. Alannah (stepdaughter) is now 21 years of age and all grown up. Frankie (Siberian Husky) crossed the rainbow bridge a year and a half ago at age 15. I miss her every day... but I have so many happy memories.

Very beautiful picture Patrick!
Car, stepdaughter and of course, Frankie.

I too have had the pleasure of watching my stepdaughter grow from a young curious girl into an adult.
Proud as heck of her also, she now has her doctorate in bio mechanical engineering!
Yup, very nice to watch the young ones grow, and keep the good memories of those that were with us and are not anymore.

Now, back to some more Fiero adventures!

I was hoping to get the seat covers on yesterday or today, but dang it has been hot and humid.
It is 83 and not very comfortable out right now (9:30 am) so looks like tomorrow will be the day.

Chewy even has his summer hair cut now, and he will not stay outside longer than 5 minutes, and he loves being outside!
I think I will follow his lead today.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006
How could I not add a pic of Chewy with his "summer cut"?

Chillin on the couch with me today, no Fiero work for us!

He looks a little grumpy, because we just came back in from our 5 minute venture into the humidity, and I feel the same, heheheh….

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LOL, I too have learned this new language when entering and exiting my Fiero due to the decreases in the ride height (totally stock and not adjustable even if I wanted to)…
Maybe this is why I like my ZR2 S10 so much...…. no wait, that has gotten higher and harder to get into also!
…...

I too have a ZR2, 1999, and we have 2 Fieros.
Nice post too by the way.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
I'm also a sucker for critters. Currently we have the feline kind but I love 'em all.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very beautiful picture Patrick!
Car, stepdaughter and of course, Frankie.

Thanks. I don't normally shoot into the sun, but on the rare occasion the results can be interesting.

I took a lot of still images and video of Frankie over the years. I guess deep down we know when we bring a critter into our lives that our time together will be limited. I wanted a way to hang onto those happy moments... and to be able to share them.

Thanks for starting this thread and allowing me to reminisce!
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I too have a ZR2, 1999, and we have 2 Fieros.
Nice post too by the way.

OK, tell me your 1999 ZR2 is red, and that will be hilarious.
Mine is a '99 also, and red.

Were you at the Dells this year?
If you were, I seemed to have missed meeting up with you.
I was there on Saturday just to drop off a Fiero dash, so my Fiero was not there.

I wandered around taking a bunch of pics, but only really talked to one gentleman from Chicago about his GT, lol, I followed him there in my HHR for almost 90 miles and did not want him to think I was "stalking" him.
Just curious......
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Patrick:

Thanks. I don't normally shoot into the sun, but on the rare occasion the results can be interesting.

I took a lot of still images and video of Frankie over the years. I guess deep down we know when we bring a critter into our lives that our time together will be limited. I wanted a way to hang onto those happy moments... and to be able to share them.

Thanks for starting this thread and allowing me to reminisce!

I enjoy many things in life, but cars and pets are #1 and #2 for me, and they do go so well together.
Both are high upkeep items, but the joy they can both bring is far beyond the cost and worry.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, tell me your 1999 ZR2 is red, and that will be hilarious.
Mine is a '99 also, and red.

Were you at the Dells this year?
If you were, I seemed to have missed meeting up with you.
I was there on Saturday just to drop off a Fiero dash, so my Fiero was not there.

I wandered around taking a bunch of pics, but only really talked to one gentleman from Chicago about his GT, lol, I followed him there in my HHR for almost 90 miles and did not want him to think I was "stalking" him.
Just curious......

My ZR2 is Black. But ya I was at the Dells.
If we wore nametags with our PFF usernames it would be easier to spot people we know best on PFF.
...."My PFF name is ____" or ....aka"____"
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2018 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My ZR2 is Black. But ya I was at the Dells.
If we wore nametags with our PFF usernames it would be easier to spot people we know best on PFF.
...."My PFF name is ____" or ....aka"____"

Not a bad idea at all to be honest, I may just do that at the next meet I go to just so everyone can relate to my posts or me a little easier.
I like that idea!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was the day!

I finally installed the seat covers I bought last summer, and to be honest, it was not that bad of a job.
If you intend on doing this, be prepared to pull your seats out, as space is pretty tight in there.

Pretty easy as there are only 4 13mm nuts holding each seat in, so save yourself a lot of hassle and just remove them!

I did the passenger side first, then the drivers.
These are relatively cheap IGEE ($250.00 $179.00) seat covers, but they will do the job for sure, and the fit is not all that bad.
I will just need a couple of super hot sunny days to adjust them a bit, but overall I am satisfied with them.

Drivers side installed.

Passenger side installed.

Chewy looking like he could really care less after installation.

And of course, the BONUS find under the passenger seat!
A 1973 cassette of the best of the doors, I just happen to like the doors, so it is staying in the car.

I found this, and $1.50 in quarters, a pen, an Apple thingy that I have no idea what it is, and the obligatory French fry or two.
LOL, was hoping for more but this is pretty cool either way.

Edit: 6-19-2018 for correct price for the seat covers. Only $179.00, so a pretty good value to me.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-20-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And of course, the BONUS find under the passenger seat!
A 1973 cassette of the best of the doors, I just happen to like the doors, so it is staying in the car...

Right on! Let's have a Door's tune then off that cassette.

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And, my absolute favorite doors song is Riders on the storm....

Hope this works, I never tried to link a video here.

https://youtu.be/B11udfiZDwo

Nice pick Patrick, that is number two for me.

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-19-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2018 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And, my absolute favorite doors song is Riders on the storm....

That's one of my favorites as well. There are so many excellent songs by the Doors!
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick: Terrific pic of your two (three?) loves ! Thanks for sharing. Husky's are Wonderful, aren't they?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Patrick: Terrific pic of your two (three?) loves ! Thanks for sharing. Husky's are Wonderful, aren't they?

Thanks Rexgirl. Yeah, I've always been drawn to Siberian Huskies. Frankie was very much an alpha female... only 43 lbs but always wanted to be in charge around any other hounds.

And she had superpowers! This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. (Click the icon and give it a few seconds to load.)

I loved her dearly. It absolutely broke my heart to put her down when old man time cruelly sapped Frankie of her ability to run on the beach and hike in the woods. Damn, I started to tear up just typing that. <sigh> Someday... someday, I'll get another canine buddy to share my life with.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-20-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2018 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's just beautiful, and looks so happy playing with you :-)
mousemeat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm also a sucker for critters. Currently we have the feline kind but I love 'em all.

same here...I have a pack of chihuahuas...which is known as 'Team Skeletor' here in Memphis....I own an '87 Fiero GT. 2006 Solstice. (another ill fated pontiac 2 seater) and my main ride...1991 Isuzu Trooper LS. 5sp 2.8 VG beast...
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just had to chime in, railshot!

If you enjoy your random fiero romps, try daily! We use ours all day, every day, and the excitement never fails!

Manda loves the attention your old 88 bestows, and it still needs paint!

For animal loving posterity, I'm including a shot of my little trouble makers, of which whom may never see the interior of a Fiero to destroy!

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always good to hear from you viperine, and I am so glad the 88 is being driven daily!
I hope all is going well with it and she is enjoying it.

Funny how paint just does not seem to matter with that one.
When I had it, people loved it just as it was.

Just before I saw this, I was going through all of my old pics, and it is still a sharp looking T-top for sure.

Love the pups also!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-21-2018).]

railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2018 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

railshot

1310 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by mousemeat:
same here...I have a pack of chihuahuas...which is known as 'Team Skeletor' here in Memphis....I own an '87 Fiero GT. 2006 Solstice. (another ill fated pontiac 2 seater) and my main ride...1991 Isuzu Trooper LS. 5sp 2.8 VG beast...

Great name "Team Skeletor" ….. any pics of the gang?
My old neighbor had a chihuahua, and it was a pretty smart little thing.

It loved coming over to visit with Buddy when they were out on their daily walks.

Great little guys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock