New to me 87' GT Track/Autocross Car by F85Cutlass
Started on: 06-15-2018 09:13 AM
Replies: 7 (240 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 06-15-2018 10:43 PM
F85Cutlass

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a new toy last week, from a friend in motorsport. Track prepped, going to end up adding a few odds and ends to make it somewhat roadworthy, mostly for shake downs, and a little back road pleasure drives, but its stripped down and purpose built. Built 2.8, 5-speed, coil overs and beefy sway bars. Didn't build it, so I'll be learning more as I go, and I may even find the original builder on this board. My understanding is that person got the car in 97'

[This message has been edited by F85Cutlass (edited 06-15-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by F85Cutlass (edited 06-15-2018).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats the plan for it? You going to keep it setup for race or try and change it over to street again? Looks like it has had a significant amount of work done to it.
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is gonna be primarily track use, but gonna do the bare minimal to make it road legal, mainly lights and wipers. Figured that way I can drive it to meets and maybe local autocross events. Would like to eventually use it for time trials and maybe even hill climb events.
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does a mid engine car perform versus a front engine car for autocross?
F85Cutlass

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F85CutlassSend a Private Message to F85CutlassEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not really sure of a pro vs con list of front engine vs mid specific to autocross. Previous owner was using it for autocross as well as full road coarse use, my intent it to use autocross to get familiar with the car and work up to full track days and amateur competition, so as far as my autocross time goes, I'm not comparing to other cars as much as myself as I developed an understanding with the car.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This certainly will demand more from you as a driver. Rule #1, you can't lift while turning. Do all your braking before you turn. Once in the turn there is no turn back, you have to be on the throttle. If you don't; you'll see.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

If you don't, you'll see.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock