Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Orange fastback GT. 3800SC. Does anyone recognize this car, or the swap?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Orange fastback GT. 3800SC. Does anyone recognize this car, or the swap? by Raydar
Started on: 06-09-2018 05:48 PM
Replies: 6 (263 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 06-10-2018 08:35 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking for info regarding the origins of this build/swap. What all went into it, etc. Any help is hugely appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And yeah... I recognize the SC belt is not installed. That's the least of my worries.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that the supercharger originally wasn't red. One of the last couple of shops that had it either painted it or swapped out the original unpainted one.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I understand that the supercharger originally wasn't red. One of the last couple of shops that had it either painted it or swapped out the original unpainted one.

WTH? Really?!

THAT'S disturbing.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stupid question....whats your concern with that particular swap?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shop that was in possession when the color change came about might have swapped out a defective unit from another customer's car. The car was there for 3 years with little done to it other than to take some parts from it. It left in the same running condition as it went there. The same condition it's in at this moment.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Stupid question....whats your concern with that particular swap?

I am, in no sense of the word, a 3800 expert.
I mostly just wondered what all went into the motor. Most of those questions have been answered by others (mostly elsewhere) with just a visual.
The only real variables are injectors and cam. The injectors should be relatively easy to figure out. The cam, not so much. But it's more than I had to go on, this time yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-10-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock