Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  So .. I sold all my Fieros and bought a Vette years ago .. but ..

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
So .. I sold all my Fieros and bought a Vette years ago .. but .. by MaxDaemon
Started on: 06-09-2018 10:42 AM
Replies: 15 (470 views)
Last post by: Red98422 on 06-12-2018 08:53 AM
MaxDaemon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me NO. Just NO. Don't do it, don't consider it - don't even THINK about it.

------------------

'86 GT - Now in Yellow!
'87 GT - A little bit blue...

Two is enough for anyone. Isn't it? I mean .. really.. isn't it?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Hell NO!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-09-2018).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the seat covers?
MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh c'mon, there have to be some enablers out there, right?

And it's been 20 years, she probably wouldn't divorce me if I brought this home, right?

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that the rare adjustable height wing next to the drivers door?

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would suggest that if you want to get back into Fiero's you get something better than that. Fieros are still pretty cheap so spend the extra few hundred and get something in better shape that will save you time and money in the long term.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Oh Hell NO!

Funny. My wife woke up, I showed it to her, and that was almost a perfect quote. "Oh Hell no".

@Dennis, yea, I think you're right. I had a really nice Fiero (the yellow one in the sig) that went to my nephew. Stepping back to one as .. erm .. marginal as that one might knock the joy right back out of the Fiero idea.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MaxDaemon:

Funny. My wife woke up, I showed it to her, and that was almost a perfect quote. "Oh Hell no".

@Dennis, yea, I think you're right. I had a really nice Fiero (the yellow one in the sig) that went to my nephew. Stepping back to one as .. erm .. marginal as that one might knock the joy right back out of the Fiero idea.

I've made the mistake of buying old junks a few times and learned the hard way. You'll put more into a junk than to just buy something decent. You are the couple from PA that used to attend Carlilse and had the car "BlackBetty" right? The Carlisle show is still going strong and we miss you folks.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2018 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I've made the mistake of buying old junks a few times and learned the hard way. You'll put more into a junk than to just buy something decent. You are the couple from PA that used to attend Carlilse and had the car "BlackBetty" right? The Carlisle show is still going strong and we miss you folks.

HI Dennis - no, I'm from out in Washington State, never had the pleasure of being to Carlisle. Made it to the 20th Anniversary and the 25th, but not since. When I was at the 25th, Alex was kind enough to pose on my Fiero, which was the high point of its life. :-)

I've had at least ten Fieros since 1995, but not lately. My garage queen '94 Vette gets out now and then, but it's still a pang when I see a Fiero motor by.

[This message has been edited by MaxDaemon (edited 06-09-2018).]

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If they throw in the steel banding cart buy the car...
MaxDaemon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MaxDaemonClick Here to visit MaxDaemon's HomePageSend a Private Message to MaxDaemonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Is that the rare adjustable height wing next to the drivers door?

I think I saw one of those on the back of a Mitsu the other day ..
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of a parts car I salvaged 4-speed cable brackets from, parked in the woods. 3+ black ratsnake skin sheds in the interior, and multitudes of wasps nests.

On second thought, when moss is capable of growing on the car, the interior smell will be near impossible to clear, and rust will be a plague.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Max, the way i see things, and considering the way I feel about Fieros, if one can be saved, thats a wonderful thing ( in the car world that is) I seem to hear of more and more Fieros being broken up into parts cars.I 'd hate to think that the Fiero is an endangered species, even though I know its not.
So.....maybe.....if you can obtain the car at a runaway price, I'd love to hear that you bought it. Alot to consider though. How long has this Fiero been sitting there? I imagine a long time. And being that your up there in Washington, the weather probably has taken its toll on it to. Are there rust issues, the major factor here, along with a super mildewed interior and and an engine that hasn't been turned in years.
But Ive seen articles in car mags of Camaros and Mustangs so rusted out and beat up that you'd think they were hopeless. Turn the page and there's a photo of the same car in what appears to be showroom shape.
So, If another Fiero can be bought back to life, and this one by you, then thats another victory for the Fiero community. ( Thats us! : ) )
Just be sure that its OK with the wife!

HaHaHa...I like the post on the adjustable air foil ironing board ! HaHaHa, thats real funny man !
Red98422

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2018 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red98422Send a Private Message to Red98422Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my opinion, you need to find one in better condition than that...once it starts growing on the outside you can almost never get rid of the mildew smell on the inside...I bought one a little while ago with mold on it and I still cant get the smell out (Clorox wipes, fabreeze, shampoo) If you plan on gutting the interior anyways then more power to you but that’s a hell of a project
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey red try finding a scent of snuggle dryer sheets you like, buy 4 boxes. Open them and tug the top sheet out just about halfway, put one behind each seat and one on each side of the floor. Once and awhile check on them and tug a new sheet out as needed. The smell will leave eventually. Parking in the sun helps speed things up a bit. Once a nuetral smell is present you can use a car scent of your liking instead of smelling like a dry cleaner haha.
Red98422

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2018 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red98422Send a Private Message to Red98422Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the advice Jared! I might try that here soon it gets really old having your car smell like a flood claim.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock