Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Anyone haul a Fiero dash in their Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone haul a Fiero dash in their Fiero? by railshot
Started on: 05-29-2018 07:50 PM
Replies: 5 (270 views)
Last post by: railshot on 05-31-2018 09:39 PM
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all, does it fit decently?

I will have no passenger, but have promised a dash to a very deserving member here.
It will be going into a "special" Fiero for sure.

If it will not be "comfortable" for an almost 3 hour trip on back roads, I have the option of my HHR or my S10.

Doing this for the Dells run next weekend 2018, so need advice and I am too lazy to haul it out of the basement and try it...…. today..... hehehe.
I would love to take the '88, but if I cannot, it is worth the trip either way!

Thanks,
Dave

PS: I am bringin my camera and will post as many pics as I can when I get back, so have your smiles ready!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The closest I came was hauling two Fiero doors in my GTZ, one in the trunk and one across the back seat. I bet the dash will fit in the Fiero with room to spare.
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:

The closest I came was hauling two Fiero doors in my GTZ, one in the trunk and one across the back seat. I bet the dash will fit in the Fiero with room to spare.

Cool, and good to know because I really want to take the GT next Saturday.
I will haul it out on Friday just to be sure, but I hope it goes in comfortably.

I would hate to drive that far with something poking my right ear all the way...… heheheh.

Just testing PIP here with a pic of a portion of the dash.
The cats have not knocked it down all winter, so it should be good through next Saturday morning!

LOL, I reformat my laptops way too often!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this should probably now be moved to "tech" or "how to", but here are the results..... hehehe...….

It will fit quite nicely into the passenger side seating area!

Along with this "fitting", I see no interference with visibility to that side of the car!

I am sooooooo looking forward to finally making a Fiero meet in a Fiero!

See you all on Saturday morning, and once again, keep your smiles ready for my camera!

Just watch for the "elderly gentleman" with the funny biker hat on, long unkempt hair, and a limp......yes, that will be me.

Dave

Edit: Dang, after looking at the pictures, that dash would look pretty durn good in the old GT, but I am still holding out that olejoedad and I can connect on a beechwood one eventually!
LOL!

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 05-31-2018).]

viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job squeezing it in there. For a 3 hour trip, I would pad each end/corners probably with an open box with something soft inside like a bunched up towel. The only other concern is the center of the dash will see excess weight on bumps, so a soft support under it wouldn't be a bad idea either. Perhaps sliding the seat full forward and reclining the backrest fully rearward would help some.

Glad to see you still enjoying Fieros!
railshot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2018 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:

Nice job squeezing it in there. For a 3 hour trip, I would pad each end/corners probably with an open box with something soft inside like a bunched up towel. The only other concern is the center of the dash will see excess weight on bumps, so a soft support under it wouldn't be a bad idea either. Perhaps sliding the seat full forward and reclining the backrest fully rearward would help some.

Glad to see you still enjoying Fieros!

Good advice viperine!

This was just a "test" fitting, so for the real trip I plan on additional support for it.
Shouldn't be too difficult to do as the cabin and seat lend themselves to adding things easily for the support.

I am thinking a couple of pillows and maybe a blanket or 2.... heheheh, amazing how we truly do cherish and baby these things is it not?
Nice parts like this are hard to come by, so care will be taken to insure a successful completion of the journey to it's new home.

Yes, I still love the little things to death, and hope you are doing well with yours also.

Edit: 6-1-18!
Due to leaving the dash in the GT overnight, I have changed my plans on the delivery vehicle.

I am taking the HHR.

When I looked at the passenger seat tonight, I noticed the dash was starting to put a dent in it from a metal mounting bracket that for sure would have turned into a hole by the time I got there.
I could stuff the car with cushions, or whatever, but feel this I feel is the best option to insure the dash and my GT stay in the shape they are in now.

Guess I will have to wait for Peoria to actually have a Fiero at a Fiero event...… heheheh….

[This message has been edited by railshot (edited 06-01-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock