dashboard pocket thingie by fierofrenzy
Started on: 05-20-2018 06:39 AM
Replies: 8 (262 views)
Last post by: tshark on 05-20-2018 09:42 PM
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do you remove that dashboard pocket thing ? You know, the small compartment on the passenger side to put stuff in. On mine, the front of it is sideways. What sence is that, everything falls out. I want to replace it with the style that's in my Formula.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remove dash.
Remove HVAC ducting.
Remove dash insert.
JMTUT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JMTUTSend a Private Message to JMTUTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or grab it and pull really hard. It will break the plastic clips attached and you'll have to glue it back on.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The panel is held on with stamped metal speed nuts, not plastic.
The plastic posts may break, or you may damage the dash.

But hey, there is the right way to do things, and then there are other ways......
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

... there is the right way to do things, and then there are other ways......

Agreed. I prefer the right way as it does less damage.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull the dash just to remove that "thing" ? ( what actually is it called anyway? ) Looks like I'll be doing it "the other way" I'm not pullin the dash. If there's plastic fasteners in there, I hope they break. Replaceing this will be easy once I get it off.
Back in the day they were called map holders if im correct.

Anyway, thanks for the info on something silly if you ask me
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, you asked, I answered.

It's your silly question, not mine.

Pulling the dash really isn't very difficult or time consuming.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would not risk pulling it off. Your dash is old and chances are you will crack it.
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unscrew the nuts from behind the dash. Gently. One nut is a bit hard to reach. If you have big arms, it helps to loosen the dash a bit. You have to put the nuts back on, anyway. Yanking on a fragile dash is probably not a good idea.

The dash removal can be done in about an hour, if you have an aux pod; less without. Probably less if you don't completely remove everything. It takes about half of that time to unscrew the nuts, without removing the dash; less if you have skinny arms and don't have to loosen the dash.

If you damage the dash, you'll either have to live with it or go through the time and exlense if replacing it. Decisions, decisions...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock