Fox News Fiero values by commerce
Started on: 05-05-2018 09:33 PM
Replies: 25 (1218 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 05-11-2018 08:11 PM
commerce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2018 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this on Fox News.
Fiero's getting attention

http://www.foxnews.com/auto...mong-collectors.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dammit mine looks like a ferrari, ill have to sell at a discount

shem
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reality and what the news says are sometimes very far apart. My experience has shown that Fieros are a hard sell due to the propaganda about always lighting on fire. Regardless the 88's still have appeal but your 84-87 whatever; try to sell it and see if you will get decent money. They still sell cheap.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

commerce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the phrase "unwanted to collectable". It made me think of the '68 bug that I sold for $200. and was happy to get it.
shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a cl ad last december for a 55 bug and ghia hardtop. Wanted 2k for both, been sitting 30 years. I offered him 2500 for the bug only, somebody came thru w 6k for both. saw a 55 bug on mecum go for 32k. fook

I love bugs i had 6
shem
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Reality and what the news says are sometimes very far apart. My experience has shown that Fieros are a hard sell due to the propaganda about always lighting on fire. Regardless the 88's still have appeal but your 84-87 whatever; try to sell it and see if you will get decent money. They still sell cheap.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think you're wrong. Over the past 2-3 months, I have seen Fiero values escalating. Especially 88 GTs and, to a lesser extent, Formulas.
Once that happens, I think the others will follow.
Not that I'm in a hurry to sell. Just an observation.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The best way to drive up the value of Fieros is to go to car shows, show them off, get people talking about the cool car they saw.
As long as Fieros stay within their own community, and don't go to all-brand car events, the values will stay low.
Get out there a couple times a month for cruise-ins, downtown car shows....if we owners promote them, the values will climb!
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The best way to drive up the value of Fieros is to go to car shows, show them off, get people talking about the cool car they saw.
As long as Fieros stay within their own community, and don't go to all-brand car events, the values will stay low.
Get out there a couple times a month for cruise-ins, downtown car shows....if we owners promote them, the values will climb!

I agree. Rising prices are a good thing for all of us. It attracts more attention from newcomers and from the aftermarket. I don't know why we as a group are often so quick to shoot down any suggestion that prices might be going up.

Obviously rusted-out junkers are the exception.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 05-07-2018).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:
I don't know why we as a group are often so quick to shoot down any suggestion that prices might be going up.

Our group think also tells other owners that they will not get what they are asking. Trying to be helpful but .

Fox News says I am sitting pretty. 88 GT T Top, 108k on the seat meter.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Agreed. Members of our group show our cars at Car Shows throughout the summer.
I was out just driving yesterday, and I know how an exotic car driver feels.
People staring at my car while pulling out of a parking spot, driving by or sitting at the lights etc.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Agreed. Members of our group show our cars at Car Shows throughout the summer.
I was out just driving yesterday, and I know how an exotic car driver feels.
People staring at my car while pulling out of a parking spot, driving by or sitting at the lights etc.

Exactly! Get out there and represent!
PFF
System Bot
Flying_Dan

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flying_DanSend a Private Message to Flying_DanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to be the cycle with most cars. There is that sweat spot when the supply is still high and demand is low. I remember buying long nose 911's for $4500 in the 90's in "okay" shape. Total rust buckets with titles go for $45,000 now.

Fiero's are just starting to come out of this sweat spot. I sold a Caddy V8 Formula with 5spd 2 years ago for $4500. It was a nice Fiero, just what it was worth. I don't think I could buy it back for $6500 now.

Anytime I take my 85' GT out, it's the only one I see on the road.

Supply continues to dwindle, parts cars are still good supply. 5-8 years from now, there won't be any parts cars. Only "restorable" cars. Think of a 356, when was the last time you saw a 356 being parted out?

[This message has been edited by Flying_Dan (edited 05-07-2018).]

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree with the many posts, whenever I go to a local show anymore, I get offers from several people for my 88GT, w/ 3800SC conversion, and that's with it next to several beautiful and perfect condition bone stock 87's and 88's.. maybe someday I will let it go, but for now I'm getting ready for the 35th!!! Curtis

[This message has been edited by Curtisk1060 (edited 05-07-2018).]

Mcgheejt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2018 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McgheejtSend a Private Message to McgheejtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nooo! These cars catch fire! They ride worse than roller coasters. They fall apart, they rust. They might as well be Gremlins or Pintos; at least until I buy a second one at current prices. Then you may let the truth out.
commerce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems nostalgia plays a pretty big part in a car becoming collectable.
A car that you had when you were young or was popular.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm seeing more enthusiasm about 80s cars in General.

The Minnesota Fiero club, www.mnfieros.org is helping generate the enthusiasm with our car show www.backtothe80smn.com. We see excitement as we travel around promoting our 80s show too.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 05-09-2018).]

Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really beautiful yellow chop-top Notchie at 4:41. Is it anyone's here?
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2018 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is fox news a reliable source on Fiero values?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rexgirl:

Really beautiful yellow chop-top Notchie at 4:41. Is it anyone's here?

GtGeff's, he is in the Minnesota club.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by dratts:

Is fox news a reliable source on Fiero values?

Hagerty price guide might be...
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curtisk1060:

I agree with the many posts, whenever I go to a local show anymore, I get offers from several people for my 88GT, w/ 3800SC conversion, and that's with it next to several beautiful and perfect condition bone stock 87's and 88's.. maybe someday I will let it go, but for now I'm getting ready for the 35th!!! Curtis

PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The other part of the supply/demand conversation should center on the likely market having more and more expendable income.

Many times, old cars begin to increase in value as those who want to relive their younger years finally get to a point in life when they have expendable income. As an overall age group, those who were teenagers in the 80's are finally getting to the point in life when they have extra money (50's). I realize there are exceptions, but speaking in statistics here . . .

The 80s American car market, IMO, will rise a little slower because it was such a dark time for American cars. Escalating emissions standards, low power, low quality -- whether Fieros, Camaros, Mustangs, or Corvettes, whatever. Again, there were exceptions.
Rexgirl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you 2.5 !
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Netflix series Stranger Things season 3 is approaching mid-80's. Hopefully one of the high school kids will sport a Fiero GT. Such a popular show it would be great to have some exposure.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

The other part of the supply/demand conversation should center on the likely market having more and more expendable income.

Many times, old cars begin to increase in value as those who want to relive their younger years finally get to a point in life when they have expendable income. As an overall age group, those who were teenagers in the 80's are finally getting to the point in life when they have extra money (50's). I realize there are exceptions, but speaking in statistics here . . .

The 80s American car market, IMO, will rise a little slower because it was such a dark time for American cars. Escalating emissions standards, low power, low quality -- whether Fieros, Camaros, Mustangs, or Corvettes, whatever. Again, there were exceptions.

For sure. If you've noticed many radio stations are playing 80s music now.

Mid to late 70s and very early 80s were the dark times. Mid to late 80s were the recovery IMO.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I may make a general statement, the Millennial generation doesn't seem as interested in collector cars as other generations were/are. If that's the future market that people are counting on, then how can prices rise over the long term? At car shows I seldom see many people under the age of 35 . If that is a correct observation, prices will fall

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock