Scratch one 88 GT T-top by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 04-23-2018 07:20 PM
Replies: 24 (1240 views)
Last post by: Crasian on 05-27-2018 09:51 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spotted a wrecked 88 GT T-top on an auction site. Damned if the primary damage wasn't right on the t-top section. I'm guessing this is too far gone to be straightened, and I'm also guessing the T-tops are a complete loss as well. A high mileage car for sure (180K miles) but it looks (looked) pretty darn good and taillights look great.

Of course with that kind of damage you have to hope there were no injuries, or worse, but it's such a shame to lose a car like this. Looks exactly like my car if it were a T-top.

I don't suppose anyone out that way (Maryland) could save this one?

https://erepairables.com/sa...mpaign=pontiac+fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biological/chemical hazard damage?
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weird damage. Did that car hit a deer? The front end is spotless! With 180K on the clock I think it's toast.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a tree fell on this car. IMO a difficult repair and with the auction fees the current salvage price is near $750. Who's kidding who? Its not worth it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That same car I saw on copart.

https://www.copart.com/lot/30034998
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Biological/chemical hazard damage?

Biological damage might have been from a squirrel that rode the tree down. OH @%%$ !!! Hope it wasn't blood from an occupant.

The leather seats, wheels, rear cradle and all suspension parts and the undamaged body panels would easily return a $750 investment. I'd say that it has the original paint job, judging by the VIN tag showing in the license plate recess, so it's probably been well taken care of.

Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There you go, for everyone always wondering what the value of their Fiero is...

Est. Retail Value: $2,713 USD
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the "Rock" was in it...
seq

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seqSend a Private Message to seqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could buy it and part it out. The potentional to make money back is there. It does look like something fell on it.
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd give 700 for that all day, cradle (if good) and all brake/suspension stuff would be nice to have extra.
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:
I'd give 700 for that all day, ...

Are those Mr Mikes Leather seats, ?

Mcgheejt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2018 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McgheejtSend a Private Message to McgheejtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

I'd give 700 for that all day, cradle (if good) and all brake/suspension stuff would be nice to have extra.

There appears to be MANY usable, undamaged parts. If I had the storage space, I would buy up cars like this all day long.

[This message has been edited by Mcgheejt (edited 04-25-2018).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a CJB car. Easy fix, light pull to the roof then remove the t-roof section with a replacement one. Get some new glass and your good to go.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

This is a CJB car. Easy fix, light pull to the roof then remove the t-roof section with a replacement one. Get some new glass and your good to go.

The last time I was at the Fiero Factory/TFF Auto in Tony, AL I saw what appeared to be a new t-top I section hanging on the wall. It might be worthwhile to call Jeremy and see if he still has it.

Nelson
Nextel dude

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this car the other day. It looks like it is the auction car with the sticker on the hood and it has 180,000 miles on it.

The t-top frame is bent up and doesn't appear to be many usable parts from the t-top unless someone wanted to straighten the parts out.

Also the gold lace rims seem to be in good shape but I just added a post about whether they are 88 rims or not.

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks as if the seats were removed in their entirety. The car appears to have been sprayed with fire-retardant.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be the same car. I'm guessing it did not sell at auction and it ended up in the junk yard. I hope you got some good stuff from it. As I recall from the pictures (dead now) it had some very usable items on it.
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2018 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go back, please take a photo of the SPID label with all the codes, as well as the C&C sticker if it's still there. I'd like to document it before it's gone forever.
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you go back, please take a photo of the SPID label with all the codes, as well as the C&C sticker if it's still there. I'd like to document it before it's gone forever.
Nextel dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the drivers side t-top glass and the wing. May go back to pull the radio and take a drill to salvage some of the t-top stuff.

If I go back I will look for a C&C sticker.The engine bay has lots of good stuff if you have a 2.8.

PFF
System Bot
Nextel dude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nextel dudeSend a Private Message to Nextel dudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did not see any stickers for the t-top.
turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is this? I see a couple parts I need. Thx!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone should pull the Getrag 5 speed. Those are really getting rare and expensive.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Crasian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 Getrag hard as hell to find in decent shape

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock