Hello from a new member! by Johnny-T
Started on: 04-22-2018 12:38 AM
Replies: 7 (200 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 04-27-2018 10:15 AM
Johnny-T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Johnny-TSend a Private Message to Johnny-TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everybody. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Johnny-T and I live in Las Vegas. I'm not really a car guy but I do like interesting 80s cars. I already own an 81 DeLorean and was using it as my daily driver until I came across a strange electrical issue. So while its been out of commission, my wife and I have been sharing her old SUV. It was putting some strain on us so I decided to buy a 3rd vehicle. I went and test drove a beautiful '87 Fiero with 54K miles on it and I was really starting to fall in love. Then I let my wife test drive it...

...So now my wife has an '87 Fiero. lol

Really tho, the seller only wanted $2500 so I was going to jump on it no matter what but I'm happy my wife gets to experience the same joy of having a nice daily driver as I do with my DeLorean. And once my D is back on the road, we can always keep the old SUV as the back up 3rd car.

The Fiero is in great shape with the exception of the headliner sagging and the fuel gauge being stuck at "full" all the time. The tires were 17 years old so I got new ones immediately. I also am taking it in to have the front shocks and all brakes replaced this week. What are some recommendations on where I can get good replacement headliners? Also, I'm looking to do some nice simple upgrades soon like adding LEDs to the dome lights and entire exterior. Are there any other "must do" things anyone could recommend as well?

Thanks in advance.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats.

For recommendations, clean the blower resistor.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the club. The Fiero Store has some options for you. Headliner
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Las Vegas has a good Fiero community, there is even a club.
They have a shop IIRC, they would be your first choice for repairs.
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Johnny and welcome to the Fiero craze ! If your like the rest of us, it will get even more intense ! At least you won't jump thru time if you go 88 MPH ( get it ? )

Theres loads of stuff you can do to improve and/ or personalize your Fiero.If you ask me what I feel really improves this car, its these two alterations. Theres some nasty restrictions inside the stock exhaust manifolds. Remove them ( haha, good luck with the window side ) and hone out these restrictions. Helps the engine breathe much better.
Secondly, and this may be even more of an improvement. FUNCTIONALLY VENT OUT THE CAR . What I mean by this is to install functional vents in the hood and both sides of the rear body panel. The forward hood vents release the hot air passing thru your radiator. The rear vents get cooler air into the engine compartment and also aid in your air intake to the engine. You'll need to cut a hole in the battery side engine bay wall, no big deal. This greatly improved the cooling and engine temperature on my 88 Formula. Being you live in Nevada, you may want to seriously consider this as it gets very hot out there.
I realize both of these suggestions are quite involved procedures, but the performance improvements ( to me ) are well worth the work involved.
..... You also want a nice sound system......
Its great to have new members on here. Your gonna love this site ! nice to have you aboard
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Las Vegas has a good Fiero community, there is even a club.
They have a shop IIRC, they would be your first choice for repairs.

I couldn't find a working website, but there's Las Vegas owners here.

I found an address to the club's yard/shop.
https://foursquare.com/v/fi...3dedd1640dd25204811b

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Red98422

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2018 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Red98422Send a Private Message to Red98422Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum!!!! My first suggestion for a simple thing to do is getting a service manual

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2018 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to Fieros and to the forum!

Las Vegas club on FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/149692141896766/

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-27-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay