fiero Forum by 323 valdovinos
Started on: 04-18-2018 01:06 PM
Replies: 6 (1408 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-21-2018 05:57 AM
323 valdovinos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 323 valdovinosClick Here to visit 323 valdovinos's HomePageSend a Private Message to 323 valdovinosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everybody I have not been on this forum in a long time I don't have a Fiero any more I have owned three in the past and have to say that ANYTIME I needed help with my Fiero this forum has the BEST people to work with ANYTHING I needed I got the answers here If was looking for a part here was the place to get it. Since selling my fiero I have bought other cars to try to enjoy I got an old classic car I bought a 1967 Cadillac Deville convertible and I joined a Cadillac Forum thinking it would be like the Fiero forum yeah right not even close I also bought a VW and joined a VW Forum and the same no good when I had my fiero I have to say it was some of my best times cruising in my life I had joined a club in IL called NIFE they were all a bunch of great people I wish other forums could be like this one. Fiero Forum people sure are a tight community they are a true example of how people help each other out with their cars. maybe one day al buy another Fiero everytime I see one driving down the road my wife screams FIEROOOOOO and stare at it till I cant see it anymore.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 323 valdovinos:

I wish other forums could be like this one.

My experience when I bought my JDM Impreza STi a year ago is similar to what you've reported. I have yet to find a Subaru forum that is all that helpful. It's quite frustrating.

Some people have complained that traffic has slowed down here at PFF. Whether that has to do with the evil empire of Facebook, or just the fact there are fewer Fieros... who knows. But whatever, questions still get answered here.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

My experience when I bought my JDM Impreza STi a year ago is similar to what you've reported. I have yet to find a Subaru forum that is all that helpful. It's quite frustrating.

Some people have complained that traffic has slowed down here at PFF. Whether that has to do with the evil empire of Facebook, or just the fact there are fewer Fieros... who knows. But whatever, questions still get answered here.

Completely agree.

I bought a 1G DSM (1990 Eagle Talon) a few years ago, as I had one new "back in the day" and always wanted another. Found a great deal, unmodified, low mileage - really rare example. There is a lot of aftermarket support for the DSMs, and lots of forums....but NOTHING like PFF. After awhile I had to thin the herd and one of my toys had to go. PFF is one of the main reasons I have my 87 GT instead of a 90 DSM.

Any issues I've had, I have been able to find the answers I need right here. And a (mostly ) great group of people who all share the same love of these quirky little 2 seaters, willing to help out no matter if you're into heavily modified or strictly stock.

Best damn car forum on the internet!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2018 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

I bought a 1G DSM (1990 Eagle Talon) a few years ago... There is a lot of aftermarket support for the DSMs, and lots of forums....but NOTHING like PFF.

The fact that my Impreza STi is not only 20 years old, but also a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) vehicle certainly doesn't help. The Subaru forums in the States cater 99.99% to USDM cars, which is not much of a revelation. My '98 STi was never originally exported to North America, so trying to find reliable information on this model is really hit and miss. There might be great forums in Japan for this car, but my knowledge of Japanese is... nonexistent.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fiero is one of the rare cars out there where the owners actually work on their cars. I am part of a lexus forum with threads about price of dealer services when probably wouldn't get a mention here of it.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd have to agree as well. I have learned pretty much everything from people on this forum! From how to articles, people's build threads or through questions. Got my first Fiero at 16 and knew nothing about cars. Only 8 Years later I have been able to keep my original Fiero going, as well as own 4 additional Fieros throughout, redo interior, rebuild an engine, replace clutch and several engine swaps, etc. Thanks to everyone on this forum who shares their experience and knowledge with others! And Thanks to Cliff also who keeps it running!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2018 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This forum has been a valuable resource for myself and others. That is why I donate a few bucks yearly to help keep it going. While the Fiero community is a small part of the overall car collector hobby it is a very active one. IMO, it's where the hot rodding hobby is still alive, creative and thriving.
As for decreased action; I attribute this to a few factors . Millennials seem to have little interest in building anything or participating in any hobby and the car itself is getting older to antique status making it attractive to the mature collector. Its era has past and its no longer the great first sports car for youth. All this aside the Fiero community remains as a tight family that enjoys keeping the image and the history of this mid engine GM car alive . Contrary to what many car collectors do (trailer queens) we drive our cars.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock