Price estimates for some parts? by copperhens
Started on: 04-16-2018 09:07 PM
Replies: 2 (177 views)
Last post by: copperhens on 04-17-2018 05:56 PM
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2018 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what these items are worth... can anyone give me some ideas? Pulled from 1986.

Pair of notchback tail lights. No cracks, no scratches. The black is peeling in a couple spots.
Pair of non power mirrors , good shape just need paint.
Ridged rear side markers. Also good shape, paint is faded a bit.
Pair of fenders. Driver side has a partially broken clip by rocker panel. Could use paint.

[This message has been edited by copperhens (edited 04-17-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:
I don't know what these items are worth... can anyone give me some ideas?

I won't be of much help with prices. It's a pet peeve of mine that in the PFF Mall, everybody conducts their business via PM, denying us a chance to assess the value of what we have. I have sent a few Fieros to the bone yard in the sky because I didn'y know if they were worth my effort to part them out and also deal with shipping. I have also just given many parts away to some I felt were in need. That was much more rewarding.

However, some of our parts are made from 'unobtanium' and are worth good coin. Some people stock certain parts "just in case" the need arises, so they don't have to deal with parts hunting, paying shipping, etc. Many of us keep whole parts cars.

I do have some suggestions. Call your local Pick-N-Pull. Ask them how much to buy your parts. That would be my base guide. Watch E-Bay. It would provide clues. There are some Fiero parts vendors here at PFF. Ask them directly. Even though you might cut into their sales I think many would tell you. One is "That Todd Guy" whose user name on this forum is thefierofarm.com. (It's not a functioning web address.) Todd is a great guy. There is also 'the fiero farm'. I think the Fiero Store sells used parts. You might be able to sell/unload your whole kit and kaboodle to them.

As with anything, it is worth what someone is willing to pay. It can help to market them in the right places. To get the best price. I yearly sell at automotive swap meets. If someone were to pick up one of my Fiero parts, I know he has an interest/need, and price on the whim. Click to show

Originally posted by copperhens:
Pair of power mirrors, good shape just need paint.

You need to know what year they are. The plugs are different. Click to show

I hoped I helped. Good luck.
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2018 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You need to know what year they are. The plugs are different. Click to show

I hoped I helped. Good luck.

Thanks for your assistance.

I know I’m not gonna make a lot of money in the Fiero world, but I’d at least like to get some money to pay for my other Fieros.

I would like to keep the whole car for parts, but since it’s a different year and body style and has no options on it, not much I can use. My dad also said I can’t keep it because he doesn’t want our yard to look like a scrap yard haha.

That’s a good idea to ask local yards. Problem with eBay, is that there are just parts listed that seem really expensive, and since they’ve been on there a while I don’t think they’re selling.

I agree it depends on who you run across and what they will pay. I had someone come a long and want this random body piece. I was gonna sell the pair for way less than he offered.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock