Started on: 04-07-2018 12:11 PM
Replies: 3 (282 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 04-07-2018 04:09 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came across this by accident and could not find anything about these guys in the archives or a current search. They have full kits for the Fiero or just rear air struts available. Now, I'm sure this kit requires some mods and is not just a bolt-on but I could be wrong.
http://www.x2industries.com...22.html#.WsjrprW5uUk

Or just the rears:
http://www.x2industries.com...42.html#.WsjtTbW5uUk
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front suspension components would be interesting to see.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Front suspension components would be interesting to see.

I was thinking the same thing. However, many years ago Greengoblin on here did a front conversion. At the time it was custom:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-2-090128.html
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A number of years back I looked at installing a full air ride system on an 87 but decided I had better uses for $2k+. Therefore,I do not have a true air suspension system on a Fiero but do have an air assist setup on the front of an 87 Mera. I used a Fiero Store lowering kit that was supposed to have a one inch drop, but it ended up being nearer two inches. I kept scraping my nose just getting out of my driveway, at gas stations, and on speed bumps. To correct this I added a compressor and reservoir behind the trunk and installed two auxiliary air shocks up front. Obviously had tubing to connect the reservoir to the shocks and repurposed the defroster switch to add/lower the pressure in the air shocks (also added a pressure gauge in an A pillar mount with some other instrumentation. Pumped up to 120 psi I can get out of the driveway and even drive up on a tilt bed trailer without scraping. Somewhat of a pain to add but it solved the issue and has worked for the last five years.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock