Started on: 04-05-2018 11:05 AM
Replies: 9 (422 views)
Last post by: pmbrunelle on 04-09-2018 09:56 PM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been searching the archives for this topic, seeing many saying replace tach filter, others saying replace tach.

Is there a for sure fix for this ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Forum member JGunsett.

He does a wonderful job with tachometers (actually, all of the instrumentation).
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Contact Forum member JGunsett.

He does a wonderful job with tachometers (actually, all of the instrumentation).

Thanks, I sent him a PM, asking him to check out this post. Hope we hear from him.

Seems like it's a fairly common failure, hope someone chimes up with how they fixed theirs.
J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe the resistor in the R/C part of the board has gone bad.

Jack
jpeeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by J Gunsett:

I do believe the resistor in the R/C part of the board has gone bad.

Jack

Do you fix these? I replaced a tach that had the failed resister and was reading three times as high like this a while back. Still have it may would like to get it repaired for back up.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jpeeler:
Do you fix these? I replaced a tach that had the failed resister and was reading three times as high like this a while back. Still have it may would like to get it repaired for back up.

Sent you a PM.

Can you post some info how you removed your tach ? It's been a long time since I cracked open a cluster. Thanks
jpeeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Sent you a PM.

Can you post some info how you removed your tach ? It's been a long time since I cracked open a cluster. Thanks

I found this old post.
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+3 for J Gunsett, he fix 3 tachs i sent him.

J Gunsett

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J GunsettClick Here to visit J Gunsett's HomePageSend a Private Message to J GunsettEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good wright up by Buddycraigg. Yes I do fix, calibrate and convert them if you have a V8 or LS configuration. Also do the needles restoration, but best to do all the gauges at the same time.

Jack
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a how-to:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/138637.html

In short, you find the LM1819 datasheet, and replace the old crusty timing components.
The equations for part selection are in the datasheet.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 04-09-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock