Fiero Shop Close To Sacramento? by Dklosinski
Started on: 04-03-2018 11:43 AM
Replies: 11 (256 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 04-24-2018 01:59 AM
Dklosinski

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know of any shops around the Sacramento area that know about Fieros?

Taking it to a shops that think the engine in the front is not to promising on my end!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bay area works to
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2018 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't get the memo? As soon as you bought the Fiero YOU are the new mechanic

What issues are you having with the car?
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2018 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SHop? Work on a Fiero? LOLOLOLOLOL

I only know of one place that within an hour or so of you that works on Fiero's.

What do you need done? We are backed up but if it is a same day job I can get you in.
Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The problem started after I coincidently swapped out the plastic vacuum lines on my 87 Gt 2.8 to metal lines.
On a cold start it initially revs a few hundred RPMs higher
Then on idle it loops from 800-1000. A really rough idle .

even when in drive it jumps around

ocasionally I will have problems of it stalling.

I have replaced
Rotor & cap
spark plugs and wires
oil change
fuel filter
egr tube
02 sensor
throttle position sensor
iac
cts
alternator
battery
new ground cables
new belt and added a pulley

CEL is code 32

what shop do you work at?

I have been dealing with this problem for awhile and I am running out of ideas
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Code 32 is an EGR fault. Vacuum lines, EGR solenoid, or EGR valve. Or maybe the tube that goes from the EGR valve to the bottom of the upper intake manifold (edit - Sorry. You already replaced that.)
Be especially careful of the rubber elbow that connects to the bottom of the throttle body. It's the port nearest the IAC. My elbow was deteriorated, and would not hold a vacuum.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045528.html

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-22-2018).]

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dklosinski:

The problem started after I coincidently swapped out the plastic vacuum lines on my 87 Gt 2.8 to metal lines.

There is no coincidence here.....something is not installed correctly.

Look closely around the MAP sensor, EGR solenoid, or throttle body for a disconnected line.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-22-2018).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2018 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You got a leak.

spray some carb cleaner,WD40 or propane to find it.

If you use propane make sure there is enough ventilation.
Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when I start the car it stalls and very tough to drive without stalling everywhere. i have to gas it to stop it from stalling but when i unplug a vacuum line it wont stall
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try this: Connect all the vacuum lines, but unplug the electrical connector at the MAP sensor. Start the car. There are default settings in the ECM, so if the car runs better, replace the MAP sensor.

Our cars are now old enough so there are very few mechanics who are trained and willing to work on them, let alone a whole shop. If you find someone who is that sort of enthusiast, tip them well. You will encounter mechanics who refuse to touch a Fiero, blaming the car, but what they are really telling you is that they don't have the skills to do the job.

[This message has been edited by Gall757 (edited 04-23-2018).]

Dklosinski

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2018 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DklosinskiSend a Private Message to DklosinskiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I unplugged the map sensor, but still failed to run. car would stall instantly
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2018 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did you pull the plenum when you did the lines?
a lot of people miss the big line that goes in to the bottom of the throttle body and the line that goes to the fuel rail. you might want to get a person with a smoke machine and open a port and blow smoke in to see where the leak is .

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock