Started on: 03-31-2018 07:28 AM
Replies: 15 (654 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 06-10-2023 07:27 AM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello
I am 100% sure this has been covered a million times, and I did use the search function, but could not find a thread.

Are the TFS inner and outer dew wipes decent? I need a set of inners and outers and they seem to have them on their website. I understand that there are some members who periodically make dew wipes (perhaps they make them for TFS?).

I want to support TFS when I can to help them stay in business, so please reply if you have recent experience with their dew wipes

thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe not 'recent', lol; I got a pair of wipes #66224 in Dec 2011 and installed them in my '86 coupe. Still looking good!
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Maybe not 'recent', lol; I got a pair of wipes #66224 in Dec 2011 and installed them in my '86 coupe. Still looking good!

That means they lasted longer than the originals. LOL
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

I want to support TFS when I can to help them stay in business, so please reply if you have recent experience with their dew wipes

thank you

It's nice to support a vendor but it's also nice to spend your hard earned money on a good product instead of a shitty rip off. I did a review in 2008 of the Fiero Store's dew wipes versus DIY_Stu's and there was no comparison. Now it is 10 years later, DIY_Stu is no longer making these and I would HOPE that the Fiero Store vendor who made the originals improved the quality of his product. Keep in mind, my review is from 2008 when these were first released so the quality may have improved drastically......I don't know. Also keep in mind the Fiero Store does not manufacture these products. They have a vendor that supplies them so I am not attacking The Fiero Store but just the quality of the product supplied by their vendor.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/072583.html

One thing VERY important.......READ THE COMMENTS. There are some good first-hand experiences with the dew wipes.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-31-2018).]

copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got TFS dew wipes only a year ago. They seem to be durable. It’s nice to support a reliable Fiero vendor though who sells good products.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Copper

Anyone else bought them in the last year or two? Would like to get one more review if at all possible.

Hopefully the horrendous UPS shipping charges from years ago are a thing of the past with TFS.

much appreciated
jpeeler

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Copper

Anyone else bought them in the last year or two? Would like to get one more review if at all possible.

Hopefully the horrendous UPS shipping charges from years ago are a thing of the past with TFS.

much appreciated

I bought one two years ago. Went with them because one side was perfectly fine and the other vendor understandably would not sale me a single side. I have got them before that on my other Fiero years before. Both are fine as far as I can tell.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:Hopefully the horrendous UPS shipping charges from years ago are a thing of the past with TFS.

I use United States Postal Service to avoid service fees for collecting duties and taxes as well as the duties and taxes themselves extorted at the door by the United Pirates Society.

If the order is too heavy for reasonable postal rates, I use 24/7 Parcel six blocks from the Rainbow Bridge (420). http://247parcel.com/

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a set from the Fiero Store a year and a half ago. They fit perfectly and are working ( holding up ) just fine. I'm %100 satisfied.
I appreciate the fact that you like doing your business with them. I support them too and sure hope their around a long long time.
In my opinion, go ahead and place the order.
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
It's nice to support a vendor but it's also nice to spend your hard earned money on a good product instead of a shitty rip off. I did a review in 2008 of the Fiero Store's dew wipes versus DIY_Stu's and there was no comparison. Now it is 10 years later, DIY_Stu is no longer making these and I would HOPE that the Fiero Store vendor who made the originals improved the quality of his product. Keep in mind, my review is from 2008 when these were first released so the quality may have improved drastically......I don't know.

Just to clarify, the dew wipes we sell today are completely different than the dew wipes we sold 10 years ago. Improvements are always being made to the parts we have custom made.

Shipping is not a profit center for us. We strive to only charge our cost on shipping and materials. If you see any unreasonably high shipping rates on our web site, please let us know and we will be happy to investigate and make any adjustments that are necessary.

[This message has been edited by FieroStore (edited 04-05-2018).]

wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that used to get applied to shipping charges up till about 5 years ago was a hefty brokerage charge that you had to pay before you took delivery. This applied to everything that you had shipped up from the US and also included our 13% HST(ontario). The only way to sometimes get around this was to get stuff shipped by the US post office. But sometimes Canada Post would also ding for brokerage and taxes, it was luck of the draw. Most USA vendors now have the tax and brokerage built in to the shipping charges and the brokerage is pretty much invisible. Don't know if the Fiero Store is doing that yet as I have not needed much stuff for a while.

[This message has been edited by wftb (edited 04-05-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Evil88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Evil88Send a Private Message to Evil88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a set of inners and outers in December 2017 with The Fiero Store parts. I replaced all four felt guides as well. Appox $175. I compared my NOS wipes to theirs after reading the thread on here. TFS wipes are very well built. I have no complaints about the quality or operation since December 2017.

*Edit to add shipping note*

Shipping to Fort Worth Texas - $14.70
Seems reasonable to me.

[This message has been edited by Evil88 (edited 04-05-2018).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just to clarify, the dew wipes we sell today are completely different than the dew wipes we sold 10 years ago. Improvements are always being made to the parts we have custom made.

Glad to hear this.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

By IMSA GT
I did a review in 2008 of the Fiero Store's dew wipes versus DIY_Stu's and there was no comparison. Now it is 10 years later, DIY_Stu is no longer making these and I would HOPE that the Fiero Store vendor who made the originals improved the quality of his product. Keep in mind, my review is from 2008 when these were first released so the quality may have improved drastically. (March-31-2018)

by FieroStore
Just to clarify, the dew wipes we sell today are completely different than the dew wipes we sold 10 years ago. Improvements are always being made to the parts we have custom made. (April-05-2018)

COMING SOON - A review of ‘The Fiero Store’ Door Glass Seals (Reproduction of GM Sealing Strips) or a.k.a. Dew Wipes!

I has been discussing with Matt (TFS) about the set on Bay and he posted more photos than the one picture you see at 'The Fiero Store'.

I’m a ‘detail’ guy and the first thing I saw on the outer photos is the slots. These slots look like are ‘punched-out’ in a factory with professional results than a ‘garage’ product.

the_fiero_store:
You are correct in saying that our dew wipes are mass produced by a weatherstripping company (not garage made). The seals are rubber (and) the metal strips and brackets are regular steel, just like OEM.

SO, I purchased them and today is May 19, the tracking number say "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item"

VN
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, my review of ‘The Fiero Store’ Door Glass Seals is 'On Hold' at the moment as they work on fixing a few issues I found.....
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2023 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vintage-Nut:

Unfortunately, my review of ‘The Fiero Store’ Door Glass Seals is 'On Hold' at the moment as they work on fixing a few issues I found.....

Are these problems with the inners or outers? I know the repro inners were nothing like OEM and the inners stuck up literally a half inch higher than the outers when mounted on the car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock