Started on: 03-30-2018 05:35 PM
Replies: 22 (446 views)
Last post by: tshark on 04-06-2018 07:32 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 09-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have Waaay too much time on your hands.......

The numbers may not matter if the whole thing is a money laundry for Russian real estate investments in Manhattan.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Agreed, it would be a huge loss....but as the years go by there are fewer and fewer Fieros.... not a great business plan.
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would be foolish to rely on Fieros, a diminishing resource (wait, what am I doing with stocks in oil companies?), for one's livelihood.

FieroStore has diversified (wisely) to other types of cars:
http://www.leaderind.com/

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 03-30-2018).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Geez......I am just happy to have someone who is willing to supply the hard-to-get parts for my car....The Fiero Store has been great every time I have dealt with them...Knowledgeable, friendly and helpful....I hope they are managing well and making a decent profit......Their prices are generally very good!
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a strange topic. It is nobody else's concern what the owners of TFS make or don't make at the end of the day.

They are providing a unique service for hard to find parts, at reasonable prices, for a dwindling and notoriously cheap client base. Like Cliff and Rodney, they deserve our financial support so that years from now they can justify to stick around and keep helping to make sure these cars can stay on the road. How much or how little money they make is absolutely nobody's business, unless they bring it up and wish to discuss it with strangers.

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree that $4 million number sounds way off. First on the average spend, I have owned a Fiero for 8 years (multiple Fieros most of that time) and probably only bought stuff from the Fiero Store 3 of those years. Why, because I don't by stuff when I don't need it. In the years I did buy stuff from the Fiero Store, it was probably a few hundred dollars per year.

I love the Fiero Store but I am not going to buy stuff I do not need. There are many costs you are not taking into account, employers have to pay payroll tax and benefits so a 50k employee costs an employer a lot more then 50k. Did you know TFS apparel is actually licensed by GM? That costs money. That is why I don't buy any of the crap counterfeit stuff that people are making in their garages, its unfair to the Fiero Store.

I agree with your initial assessment that the Fiero Store is likely making enough to cover salaries and expenses and maybe a few hundred thousand on top.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2018 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can see the 4,000,000.00 figure as the gross sales for a year but not profit for a year. And the markup on a lot of their products probably runs anywhere up to 40%. So I think they are doing OK and hope they continue to do so. I have spent about 5,000.00 on TFS products but that is spread over 12 years or so.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got old receipts from my car's previous owner from 2001 and 2002 and they say Leader Industries on them, so I don't think their diversification is a new thing. I thought they had stuff for some imports also? Hondas, etc? Maybe I am mis-remembering though.

I've had my Fiero for fifteen years and I'd guess for maybe 8 or 9 of those years I didn't buy anything from the Fiero Store. It all depends on my needs.... I don't need Fiero specific items all the time, and most common non-Fiero parts are available locally (in other words, I'm not paying for expensive shipping on heavy or bulky items like brake rotors or starters or a radiator if I can buy them here instead). But for the Fiero-specific stuff I've needed - trunk carpeting, switches and emblems, various fasteners, door sill fascia, fastback taillights, stainless-steel brake and transmission tubing, emergency-brake cables, etc, etc (too many to list on short notice) I don't know where I'd get that stuff if not for the Fiero Store. But I'm certain it doesn't average to $4000 or even $400 per year over fifteen years.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Revenue (sales) does not equal earnings (profit).

http://www.buzzfile.com/bus...n-Depot-860-645-1837
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember that they used to run the Accord shop or something similar for the Honda Accord. I believe that has shut down a while back. You occasionally still see Accord parts through their ebay auctions. They seem to have added a El-Camino, chevelle, Malubu and Monte Carlo store which probably brings them a lot of money.

I'm always worried for the Fiero Store, They really do a lot for us and not many would reproduce the parts that they take the time to do. Granted they don't always have the best parts on generic parts but for the Fiero specific stuff they are pretty good in my books.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

What a strange topic. It is nobody else's concern what the owners of TFS make or don't make at the end of the day.

All the speculation in this thread is based on publically available information. We are not relying on leaks from insiders.

Therefore, this thread is ethically correct.

If you do not share the inquisitive spirit the rest of us have... that is up to you.

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Revenue (sales) does not equal earnings (profit).

http://www.buzzfile.com/bus...n-Depot-860-645-1837

I wonder how they figure the head count.

For some parts (brakes, clutches, etc), as an upper-bound estimate, we can assume that they pay the rockauto prices.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Wow. 10 people. I wonder who they are. Matt, Jason, Rose, and maybe one other guy with whom I've spoken. Maybe they work in other sreas.

It states that revenue and employees are estimates. I think you meant Justin?

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 04-03-2018).]

Jonathan Tate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

In another thread, someone had stated that TFS' owner made $4 million in 2016. That seemed unlikely, so I ran some numbers.

I overheard someone at Daytona say that Rodney made 1,200,000 last year. Maybe you should run the numbers on that.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original company was incorporated in 1983. name was changed in 1987 to Leader Industries according to secretary of State. zoom info reports $4.2 million in sales and 21 employees. owners tend to get irritated with sites trying to show how much business they do and how many employees so sometimes they just throw out meaningless numbers. and hard to know if the number of employees includes other people in unrelated businesses that Mr. Hartzog owns. he is supposedly 41. anyone want to see a picture of their building? lol.

I'm just very glad they are there, customer service has been excellent, shipping very fast. They do it right by me. Just like Rodney. If they are reading this thread maybe they want to provide some history and who makes it all happen.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed the thread and I don't have a dog in this fight. I've owned at least 10 Fieros over 17 years. My mother and father each owned one. I have only bought one $13 item from them. The "FIERO" 3rd brake light. My parents never bought a thing from them. Fiero owners are crazy cheap. I doubt they make crap on the site and it is just passive income at this point. Your figures are nuts to me. You can buy a whole Fiero for $2000. You can buy swapped Fieros for $2000 regularly.

The cheapness of Fieros is actually a big reason why I won't own another. I understand not getting your money back, but too many people half ass things then you end up with it when you buy it.
PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay