Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Black 88 GT out of NY FS CL NH...history?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Black 88 GT out of NY FS CL NH...history? by CJB118
Started on: 03-17-2018 11:02 PM
Replies: 4 (241 views)
Last post by: CJB118 on 03-18-2018 01:25 PM
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black 88 GT FS on CL near me, I met the current owner, I might own this one soon. Does anybody recognize it, can you supply any history? Particulars include "halo headlights" and "carbon fiber deck lid", 84000 miles, 2.8 5 speed....I can't verify any of this, I have not seen the car yet. I did meet the owner and show him a snowbank that contains a car I would be trading. He said this car was a show winner, etc. Nice if true, but nothing I have confirmed. Thanks!
88 GT FS CL NH

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
1977 Pontiac Grand LeMans
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (DD)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I can tell you that the carbon fiber decklid is just painted on by stencil....not real carbon fiber and not to be rude, but a horrible job.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-18-2018).]

CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, no problem with the criticism, I cannot defend what I haven't seen yet...I personally guessed I will find it is a wrap or sticker. I did find a thread about WCF producing actual CF Decklids, but that is a long shot. In any case, I don't care about fussy asthetics like that, this car will probably be torn apart and given the L67 drivetrain out of my DD, and a notch rear clip and formula nose eventually. Seller claims rust-free frame, and 86000 miles is a good number these days. Heck, even my CJB Formula is now over 100k.
Would still like to know if anyone recognizes this car..former owner, anyone? A Fiero that has not been on PFF is somehow just not a Fiero yet.

PS..a distinctive, but barely visible detail in the pics: custom lettering on the windshield above the cowl says "SAVAGE". Maybe someone recognizes that?

[This message has been edited by CJB118 (edited 03-18-2018).]

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the owners are the Lady & The Tramp
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing, we talked for an hour about cars and I completely forgot to ask about that. I noticed it and showed it to my wife, who has loved that movie since childhood, she thought it was awesome. Still no idea why it was there.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock