how much would you pay for a MERA by freedom0226
Started on: 03-08-2018 11:32 PM
Replies: 16 (611 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 03-13-2018 03:48 PM
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have the chance to buy a non running MERA. If I can confirm it is indeed a true mera and not a kit car. Current owner says it was running in December but they converted from stick shift to auto ( don't ask me why ) and in the process they gave up. interior is pretty shot ( see pics ) and needs some body work in rear and front. Even with those issues do you guys out there think 5 grand is a good price to pay. I would pay someone to just do an engine swap or complete what they started and interior work is no big issue. what are your thoughts going off the pictures I have soo far. ive requested more from the seller.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something odd with driver's side tail lights. Can that be repaired?

Another guy who got frustrated with the clutch and figured swapping to auto would be "easier"?

Interior dash looks like something in the Zimmer Quicksilver.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-09-2018).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Five grand? Not that much for that car...
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never really followed any Mera pricing, but $5k should not be a mid-progress swap (headache, undoing custom damage is harder than standard repairs), and 5-color interiors is an expensive venture to get any sort of conformity. I wouldn't pay $2k for that disaster. To each their own.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is some doubt in my mind that this is even a Mera. The rear deck lid is wrong, the mirrors do not really look like the Vitaloni power mirrors normally found on Meras, the wheels are not the Chromadora optional 1988 wheels, and the seats are not stock Mera/Fiero. It is hard to tell for certain but the headlight doors also look smooth where the Mera uses a corregated headlight cover. That is just based on a quick look at the photos and nothing in depth wrt an examination of the vehicle. I would ask to see the build number sticker if I was considering purchasing this car, but IMO, this is not likely to be a Mera. What year does the VIN indicate the car was made in?

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 03-09-2018).]

Rexgirl

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RexgirlSend a Private Message to RexgirlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front and rear side marker lights on a real Mera are in the recessed (black) strip that runs completely along the side. Those lights are from the donor Fiero. This car has rear surface-mount marker lights above that strip. You may want to ask if if this car has the rear strip lights as well. If it doesn't, it's not a Mera.
Also, Mera's have a label on the rear lid's underside, on the left and easily seen.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure I saw that car on Nor Cal Craigslist a few weeks ago. It was advertised as a kit and was priced at $1000. Sold in a couple days. My guess is this guy bought it and is trying to make an easy 4k. It may very well be a different car, but the one I saw also had damage to the driver's side taillight area, some damage on the front trunk and missing engine bay vents. There were no interior shots. Based on those three things and that you are in CA I'd bet its the same car.
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

I'm pretty sure I saw that car on Nor Cal Craigslist a few weeks ago. It was advertised as a kit and was priced at $1000. Sold in a couple days. My guess is this guy bought it and is trying to make an easy 4k. It may very well be a different car, but the one I saw also had damage to the driver's side taillight area, some damage on the front trunk and missing engine bay vents. There were no interior shots. Based on those three things and that you are in CA I'd bet its the same car.

------------

THIS IS DEF. THAT SAME CAR LOLOLOL... I got the vin today and decoded it. its an 84 nothcie and came with the 4 cylinder. Poor sab is trying to jerk someone. He totally bought it off someone else because he knew nothing about it he says the PO got into a rear end collision so this is def. the same car. . WOOWOWOWOWO so glad I asked around first.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Non drivable kit w/ no interior and needs body work. $1000.

Real 308 i modeled my kit from. They have external surface mounted marker lights if you want to do that.
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd give him a Ruger lcp and half a meatball sub.

Edit: just seen it was a clone, 84 to boot. No meatball sub for him.

[This message has been edited by boostedbird (edited 03-10-2018).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

I got the vin today and decoded it. its an 84 nothcie and came with the 4 cylinder.

It seems 90% of the kit guys start with the crappiest/cheapest Fiero for their body kit.
It would be fine IF they were also going to do an engine swap, upgrade brakes/suspension etc.
But they never do because they don't have the $$ to do a complete and proper job.
... and even the work they do manage to finish is often half-assed crap.

PFF
System Bot
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

It seems 90% of the kit guys start with the crappiest/cheapest Fiero for their body kit.
It would be fine IF they were also going to do an engine swap, upgrade brakes/suspension etc.
But they never do because they don't have the $$ to do a complete and proper job.
... and even the work they do manage to finish is often half-assed crap.

NEVER??? You may want to revise your statement. Some of us manage to do a complete and proper job. Just sayin'

-Van
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

NEVER??? You may want to revise your statement. Some of us manage to do a complete and proper job. Just sayin'

-Van

You're part of the 10% who do a proper job.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just couldn't resist fierosound . Thank you though!

-Van
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2018 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This rebody was my first Fiero type vehicle and it did not look too bad and handled decently with the stock engine and a four speed manual transmission. This is what started me on Meras.

Nelson
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty nice one. I like your seats too. I went with 77 Ferrari upholstery in mine, didnt have the grommets. I went for the Ferrari replica wheels on mine, not ARE or the Mera Chromadoras. I dont know why some dont use Fiero OEM wheels on Ferrari kits...they look much like BBS used on a lot of Ferraris. Never seen anyone do one with Borrani style wires. I also started with a loaded 86 SEs, v6. Lots of people dont want to gut a nice car to put a kit together, so its not uncommon to get the trashiest around 84 to start with. Some here think a kit on a nice car is immoral. Ive done my Ferrari and Lambo kits both on nice 86 SEs. I put the V8 in a stock bodied 86 GT. Ferrari had a turbo 3.1, Lambo stock Jasper 2.8, 383 carbed stroker in the GT.

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My first "Fiero type vehicle" was this 328 Replica on a stock 86 GT. It is what inspired me to do the Lambo with a 3800SC.

Even my mom loved driving it.

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 03-13-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock