Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What color would you love to see a Fiero?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What color would you love to see a Fiero? by DKcustoms
Started on: 03-07-2018 01:01 AM
Replies: 35 (1106 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 03-14-2018 05:51 PM
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long story short, I will be "Jeeping"my 87 gt this summer, taking all the body panels off and cruising it around for a while.

Seems like a good time to paint the body panels while they're off the car.

So, what color do you think I should paint my car?
Really want to do something obnoxious and that stands out for my Youtube channel.

So far, my buddy and I are leaning towards neon green.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see some new vehicles that have this rootbeer looking color. I don't know its actual name, but it reminds me of rootbeer. I've never seen a Fiero resprayed this color and think it would look kinda cool. Just my opinion or coarse.
Where do you live in N.J. ? I'm origionaly from Sayreville, hometown of Bon Jovi.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofrenzy

851 posts
Member since Nov 2006
opps, I see your in N.Y. my mistake...... : )

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bright candy orange maybe.
Graphics would make it stand out too. A wrap maybe?

Whats your youtube channel?
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think of the old Dodge Neon bugger green when you mention neon green. ha
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking desert camo.
AWautoworks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWautoworksSend a Private Message to AWautoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been thinking about my color scheme if i ever get to mine. Customer Cars always come first but im thinking about a white with a blue stripe and laying my white pearl coat over everything including the stripe. Ive seen pleanty of tri-coat white cars with blue stripes but Really want to blend a stripe in a little more. It will still be very noticeable but have that sparkle overcoat. In my head it looks gorgeous but wont know what it looks like untill i test it on something.
I am in the process of Atomic orange pearl and Iridum gray metallic

[This message has been edited by AWautoworks (edited 03-13-2018).]

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A deep shiny charcoal

Example: http://i60.tinypic.com/nl6but.jpg

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-07-2018).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Is that yours? I have never seen that car.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 03-07-2018).]

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's photo shopped. here's the actual car. My wife would love the teal color, but someone (other than me) would have to pay the price to change the color to teal.

PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do it in deep red, but then with darkish gray graphics......We had red toolboxes at work and they ran out of black for the numbers on the side so they used dark gray....I noticed that the letters seemed to vibrate...I suspect that our eyes have trouble focusing on these two colors together.

Do it with outline lettering....the thinner lines are almost impossible to focus on....The same for orange and lime green...Noticed that at Zion NP, where there are light green trees against the orange sandstone cliffs.
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Long story short, I will be "Jeeping"my 87 gt this summer, taking all the body panels off and cruising it around for a while.

Seems like a good time to paint the body panels while they're off the car.

So, what color do you think I should paint my car?
Really want to do something obnoxious and that stands out for my Youtube channel.

I agree with the neon green! That bright green with a tint of yellow really stands out in a crowd and its not very common either. With black rims and tinted windows I think it would look real slick
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2018 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That neon green is definitely an '80s color...
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

A deep shiny charcoal

I am a big fan of charcoal grays, like the BMW in your link. If/when I ever repaint my GT it'll be a similar charcoal gray or maybe polo green.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't get a custom color as they can be "difficult" to match down the road. My 87 GT is the stock red/gray combination and has portions repainted by four different shops in my 31 years of ownership and they all have matched the paint color.
JetroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JetroGTSend a Private Message to JetroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

It's photo shopped. here's the actual car. My wife would love the teal color, but someone (other than me) would have to pay the price to change the color to teal.

Harold James Kie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since this is all about opinion as beauty is in the eye of the beholder I would suggest that you go to an auto body shop and ask to see a paint chip reference book and then try and get some samples when you have narrowed it down to just a few. The last thing you probably want is to find out that you are not happy after it is done. Eastwood offers some dynamic colors, from candy's to pearls and in every color of the imagination. Personally I am partial to black/gold or white/silver but that is perhaps more of my conservative personality. Good luck with it! I hope it turns out fine when you are done.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JetroGT:

I remember seeing that 4.9 somewhere before. Was it for sale at one time? great color. my wife sees that she'll be in love.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what are the plans? You mention Youtube so is this a daily driver that will look nice or are you going to beat the $hit out of it on video? That determines my answer on the color.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-08-2018).]

jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
white, it will not show dirt so much
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Titanium is nowhere close to that. ;-)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2018 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe look into wrapping ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sul-1rCyV9Y

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 03-09-2018).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

So what are the plans? You mention Youtube so is this a daily driver that will look nice or are you going to beat the $hit out of it on video? That determines my answer on the color.

Just going to be a nice weather daily and a "project car" to mess around with.
I've spent most of my time in this car sideways in the snow.

This isn't going to be a professional job, but a very well done "rattle can" paint job with a few coats of clear over the top
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just going to be a nice weather daily and a "project car" to mess around with.
I've spent most of my time in this car sideways in the snow.

This isn't going to be a professional job, but a very well done "rattle can" paint job with a few coats of clear over the top

Primer gray with a matte clearcoat over the top. You never have to worry about paint matching and if you get into an accident, reprime and clear

Like Dodge did with their new line:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 03-09-2018).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GM calls it "Sunset Orange Metallic". (The one in the foreground.)

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-10-2018).]

RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a white '88 Formula that I'd love to get done over in one of the icy white metallics. Not the Ford yellowish one. I think it's the Lexus color that I'm after.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

I have a white '88 Formula that I'd love to get done over in one of the icy white metallics. Not the Ford yellowish one. I think it's the Lexus color that I'm after.

Second this. Lexus white pearl. Whatever they call it.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Second this. Lexus white pearl. Whatever they call it.

I'm currently renting a pearl white Nissan Maxima SR.....vwry similar to the Lexus color.

Audi used to have (still might) a pearlescent white. Back in the early 90's I worked at a parking lot in downtown Denver and a lady had a new Audi A4 in pearl white. She bumped into a portable sign and dinged her bumper cover. I stupidly said I would take the blame. It cost over $2000 when all was said and dome. Matching the paint is not an easy thing to do and it was very costly (I almost lost my job over that one)!

Beautiful color, but a bugger to match if anything happens.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been told that there is a forgiving pearl white made by Chrysler, if my memory serves. I always loved Cadillac pearl white.

Furthermore, I would love to see a camo warhawk theme done on a fiero, complete with a menacing snarl. A fourth gen trans am has been done, and I do find it very entertaining, though I am not sure I would actually want it for myself.

Image borrowed from Google.

tampalinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2018 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about using glow in the dark paint?
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2018 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Subaru World Rally Blue color code 02C with gold wheels
AWautoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWautoworksSend a Private Message to AWautoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

GM calls it "Sunset Orange Metallic". (The one in the foreground.)

Sunset orange was never on a corvette from the factory.
There were only 3 oranges offered on a corvette since 2008
wa418p Atomic orange pearl Which is on the fiero i posted earlier with the iridium gray stripes
wa502Q Inferno orange pearl
and
wa408y Orange u tempted i love a good punn. hahaha

Check this site out
http://www.ppgpaintit.com/PPGNA.aspx

Its an awesome sorce when looking for paint colors and codes.
I actually use it all the time in the body shop.

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some great ideas from everyone, thank you!

I will say that my art skills are less than stellar, so the shark mouth more than likely won't happen, but we will definitely be making some changes on my car soon

For those of you who want to see what we end up doing with the car, or just want to check out a cool YouTube channel, my link is here:
https://www.youtube.com/cha...8jIi8jFgtEU1VsFTM-ug

If the link ever doesn't work for whatever reason, the channel name is DIY Amateur Hour
lurtz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurtzSend a Private Message to lurtzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AWautoworks:

Sunset orange was never on a corvette from the factory.
There were only 3 oranges offered on a corvette since 2008
wa418p Atomic orange pearl Which is on the fiero i posted earlier with the iridium gray stripes
wa502Q Inferno orange pearl
and
wa408y Orange u tempted i love a good punn. hahaha

Check this site out
http://www.ppgpaintit.com/PPGNA.aspx

Its an awesome sorce when looking for paint colors and codes.
I actually use it all the time in the body shop.

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra with the wa408y called "cayenne metallic" by GMC.. It is a gorgeous color and in the sun the metalic sparkles just sing. I would love to have a fiero in that color. Black wheels, and tinted trim would make it pop. IMHO.

[This message has been edited by lurtz (edited 03-14-2018).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2005 Lotus British Racing Green. That is what color I plan to eventually paint my project Mera.

Nelson

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock