Started on: 02-23-2018 11:25 PM
Replies: 6 (278 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 02-25-2018 07:16 PM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At one time The Fiero Store sold both grays for the 86 and 87 interior and dash. Currently, the only gray offered is the dark gray or Charcoal. As luck would have it, I gave away my can of the lighter color gray and kept the Charcoal spray. Is there a suitable off the shelf vinyl spray that matches the lighter gray color of the 86 and 87 lower dash section?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2018 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Sem #15183 warm gray. As close as I could find to the light gray. Used it on my Indy.
RT

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2018 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be the often called Dove Gray, wouldn't it? 84 and 85 didn't share the same lower color as the 86 and 87 model years.
migs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been through this over the past winter, the paints offered by SEM do not match our colors at all, I contacted them and they confirmed that, but had no other suggestions other than to have it custom made. I did end up doing that at a automotive paint supply and was shocked that they easily scanned a part of mine and came up with the exact color code for the lighter tan and then offered to make me up a ready to spray paint of whatever amount i wanted. I got a 16oz can plus a generic sprayer system that uses throw away compressed air catridges and is much nicer than a standard spray can for about $100. The color match is excellent and all the interior people I have asked told me to stay away from the SEM premix stuff as it does not hold up well. I did use their product for pre clean though so not sure what to say as far as their quality.
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

The color match is excellent and all the interior people I have asked told me to stay away from the SEM premix stuff as it does not hold up well. I did use their product for pre clean though so not sure what to say as far as their quality.

SEM Color Coat? That is the very first time I have ever heard anything like that before.

-Van
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, migs. Guess I'll check some of the local paint stores to see what they offer, but $100 is a big bite for a one time use. Well, two times. I have two 88 dashes to respray for an 86 and an 87.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2018 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VanGTP5000:

SEM Color Coat? That is the very first time I have ever heard anything like that before.

-Van

I agree. SEM is a professional grade dye/paint so people who do not clean the surfaces properly may have issues. I have used their products for years with no problems.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock