Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  is there an easy way to break into my car?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
is there an easy way to break into my car? by john-t-b
Started on: 02-17-2018 04:28 PM
Replies: 17 (564 views)
Last post by: viperine on 03-18-2018 03:30 PM
john-t-b

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john-t-bSend a Private Message to john-t-bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I finally have an entire day to work on my car. Wife and youngest are out at a BDay party and she didn't make me go.😀

I pulled the old muffler out and replaced it. Finally sounds normal again. 😀

I was about to pull the door from my parts car and the key brokein it. It was of course the only key and the only door the key worked in. Obviously would be changing the key mechanisms but now can't even get in.

Broken into a lot of cars over the years but never a Fiero.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've locked my keys in the car more than once. I've always been able to pull back the window just enough to fit my arm and get the latch OR at least stick something in there and try to unlock the door via the interior mechanism. Be careful when pulling the glass, if you pull it too much it will shatter.

if the key broke inside the barrel you might actually be able to turn the barrel. That's also happened to me before and I would be able to lock and unlock as long as I had something to stick in there and turn with.

john-t-b

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for john-t-bSend a Private Message to john-t-bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't want to chance breaking the window on either side.

However I did get in.

I drilled a small oblong hole in front of the key mechanism and stuck my pinkie finger in and pushed back the lock.😀
I really don't need the skins because I am reusing the old skins. But even if I don't the molding will cover the hole and no one will know about it.

Thank you though.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you were able to get inside.

Sent you PM with some details on getting into our cars.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Triple A (AAA)
Not a member? Find someone who is. They love unlocking cars plus you get to learn how.

Go online and sign up. They might have an option of printing a temp card from your printer. Forget a locksmith. The rates they charge it would be cheaper to smash the window yourself and replace it for 30 bucks or less. Ask me how I know.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:
Sent you PM with some details on getting into our cars.

I like PM's too. Include one for the rear hatch.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Redacted now that he's into his car.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-18-2018).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2018 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

For cars with sunroofs, sometimes you can use your fist and pound on the two buttons that secure the latch to the glass. It can cause the latch to flip forward, then you can lift the glass and insert a long rod to push the inside latch forward.

I was just going to say the same thing, as I know that it works. I locked the keys in the car once while working on it. I had them on the passenger seat. I hit the sunroof with my balled up fist, pinky side down. Poof! The latch popped open, and I was able to lift the glass, and fish a wire in to get the keys off the seat.
85fieroguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Locked myself out of my 85 GT. Guy came along, with a wire hanger , pried over the top of the window bowed out, flipped the switch. Time ....5 minutes. no glass broken.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2018 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by john-t-b:

However I did get in .

Glad you're in.....

... only now we've told everyone how to steal our cars...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pay for road side assistance, covers locked out of a vehicle. A long time ago I had to use it when my son locked my keys in my 85 GT, tow truck guy used the proper tool to unlock the car. Zero damage, legal.

I believe at the time the charge within 5 miles of that tow service was $25 for people without coverage.

PFF
System Bot
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

InTheLead

2190 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by fierosound:

Glad you're in.....

+1

These cars draw a lot of attention when they're properly maintained/restored/modified let's not give criminals ideas.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

+1

These cars draw a lot of attention when they're properly maintained/restored/modified let's not give criminals ideas.

... and they're not too concerned about breaking anything (like the sunroof latch).

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coat hanger works.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
john-t-b, you have a pm
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2018 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12811 posts
Member since Jan 2002
.... accidental post.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-03-2018).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2018 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use coat hangers and a small wedge to hold the glass or door open at the top a bit. Tow guys like using slim jims and usually bend up the rods/linkages getting it open. Cost a customer of mine $75 to replace the interior handle parts in her Corvette.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2018 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can we please edit the posts in here that detail the break-in procedure? Manda's 88 Formula was just broken into last night and the attempted vehicle theft shows that the perp tried, very successfully, to use one of the methods mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread was viewed by them. No signs of typical attempts show at all. We now need a new column and cluster housing.

Originally posted by fierosound:

Glad you're in.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock