Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What projects are you working on during the "off season"? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What projects are you working on during the "off season"? by trivet
Started on: 02-15-2018 11:36 AM
Replies: 65 (1397 views)
Last post by: hyperv6 on 01-08-2021 07:15 PM
javt03

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2020 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for javt03Send a Private Message to javt03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm working with my garage, i'm building my new garage with these guys [Edited by Cliff Pennock: Link removed], the idea is basically building a 200 sq

i'd to build something like this
IP: Logged
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
deleted

[This message has been edited by trivet (edited 12-22-2020).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by javt03:

i'm building my new garage with...

SPAM

turbo86se

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbo86seSend a Private Message to turbo86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope I can get my gas tank prepped and ready for paint, as well as new fuel pump, FS regulator and lines. With any luck I'll get it back in the car too! Anybody want to help?
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to keep it simple... refresh the grounds, double check all the wiring and maybe finish the ICM relocation. If I get real ambitious, might attempt motor mount replacement if I find they need it.
Boozeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoozemanSend a Private Message to BoozemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered the parts to rebuild the suspension on my mother's '57 Thunderbird:

Should keep me busy for awhile...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Boozeman (edited 12-23-2020).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful Thunderbird....

I have a BIG project for my "Other" Vehicle...My CVX-20 Jet (Boat)....Blew a HOLE in the front cover last time out....have a new one, but to install it I have to pull the oil pan, which requires pulling the engine, which requires pulling the back seat...which leads to me replacing the old carpet....Hoping to survive all of this so I can get out next.....summer.....

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boozeman:

Just ordered the parts to rebuild the suspension on my mother's '57 Thunderbird:

Should keep me busy for awhile...

Hey, Boozeman, I’m just up the road and work in downtown Tulsa. Welcome to the forum.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-23-2020).]

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quadfather

422 posts
Member since Sep 2019
Here are my projects. A diy hydraulic press.

And beginning reassembly of the Quad 4 HO that’s going in my ‘87 notchback. My engine swap/resto/mod project officially turns 10 years old on January 1st.

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quadfather:

And beginning reassembly of the Quad 4 HO that’s going in my ‘87 notchback. My engine swap/resto/mod project officially turns 10 years old on January 1st.

http://images.fieroforum.co...7E2D74D.jpeg

Do you have the piston rings yet?

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 12-23-2020).]

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will

14226 posts
Member since Jun 2000
dpost

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 12-23-2020).]

PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replacing Inner rockers, floor, firewall, and cowl on my 1970 Chevy Nova. Got everything mostly cut out waiting on one inner rocker to show up.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Do you have the piston rings yet?

I do. I bought a whole rebuild kit several years ago but am just now looking at all the parts. I'm on vacation next week so I might get to the point where I install the rings then.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-24-2020).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-24-2020 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happily working on a divorce. And hoping I don't get poisoned in the process.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2020 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quadfather:

I do. I bought a whole rebuild kit several years ago but am just now looking at all the parts. I'm on vacation next week so I might get to the point where I install the rings then.

Ahh, ok. I have 4 Total Seal diamond finish gapless top rings left over from my Northstar build... they could work in your Q4.
ragoldsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragoldsmithSend a Private Message to ragoldsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

This looks awesome. You have a build thread on this project?
ragoldsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragoldsmithSend a Private Message to ragoldsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ragoldsmith

103 posts
Member since Nov 2020
I have a bit of a list for my 86 GT. I will hopefully be done by April. My goal is to completely refurbish anything I take off the car. Remove rust, grime and dirt; prevent future rust, and/or replace when necessary.

Projects:
-Just finished the shifter rebuild
-In the process of a double-din stereo install (and swapping places with ac/heat control)
-Low profile headlight kit and 88 headlight motor upgrade
-Main project: rebuild the front suspension. I think I have all the parts (poly bushings, springs, etc). Anyone know where to get the rubber ball joint and tie rod dust boots everyone recommends using instead of poly? I know I’ve looked on Rodney’s site and the fiero store but it seems like all I could find was poly.
-And last, if I have time, will be paint matching the exterior (to be all red)
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ragoldsmith:
This looks awesome. You have a build thread on this project?

Thanks! It even fits without any modification to the stock trunk!,

The turbo, tubular cradle, and more are the latest in several evolutions after 6.5 years and 55K miles. The build thread is 41 pages long and details my pioneer work on the LS4/F40 swap, brake and suspension upgrade development, wheel/tire fitment, 3.09 final drive swap, and much, much more.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000123.html

Here is what the swap looked like when first completed:

Here is a pic of the car from the 2019 HRPT.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installing a Riviera digital instrument cluster into my 86 GT.
ragoldsmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2020 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragoldsmithSend a Private Message to ragoldsmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Thanks! It even fits without any modification to the stock trunk!,

The turbo, tubular cradle, and more are the latest in several evolutions after 6.5 years and 55K miles. The build thread is 41 pages long and details my pioneer work on the LS4/F40 swap, brake and suspension upgrade development, wheel/tire fitment, 3.09 final drive swap, and much, much more.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000123.html

Here is what the swap looked like when first completed:

Here is a pic of the car from the 2019 HRPT.

Guess I have some reading to do...
PFF
System Bot
Boozeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2021 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoozemanSend a Private Message to BoozemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear suspension done, Halfway through the front. Hopefully done before the weekend...

(Posted in the wrong thread yesterday)

------------------

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boozeman:

Rear suspension done, Halfway through the front. Hopefully done before the weekend...

(Posted in the wrong thread yesterday)

Is that a '79/'80 Trans Am?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have said Capri or similar Fox body.
Boozeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoozemanSend a Private Message to BoozemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is. That is my son's 1980 Turbo Trans Am (his baby). We found it in Arkansas in 2015, and started a restoration on it.

Pretty much everything on it is restored & upgraded except the exterior (it's a 10-footer). I told hm that if he gets through college without wrapping it around a tree, I'd get it painted for him. That car is a big reason I ended up with a Fiero. The Turbo 301 V8 is a very unique motor, and we had to do lots of research when rebuilding it, as there aren't many of them around, or people that know much about them (most people rip them out and replace them with a crate 350). We wanted to rebuild the Turbo 301 because it is the last motor that Pontiac ever built, besides being very unique. The parts are unique to the motor and can be hard or impossible to find. I kept coming across Pontiac Fiero information, auctions, etc. when searching the net for parts and information about the T/A motor. I've wanted a Fiero since I was a young kid and we used to sneak my friend's older brother's Fiero out and drive it at night when he was asleep. I remember what a fun car it was to drive. So, I trolled them on eBay for a couple of years until I found mine in NC in 2019. One of the best purchases I've ever made!

My son has made the T/A even more unique, as it has had all the stone age EPA stuff deleted, added water/meth injection, adjustable turbo wastegate, cat delete, and straight pipes. In the past month he configured and installed a 4 speed manual transmission (Pontiac did not offer a manual transmission for T/A's in 1980 or 1981), along with a really wild genuine vintage Hurst Ram Rod inline V-gate drag shifter from the 60's and 70's. Drives so much better than it did with the TH350 3-speed automatic!

I call it his Frankenstein...

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2021 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I built my own 1/8 Lamborgini out of Legos
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock