Seat Recline Handle Failure by VanGTP5000
Started on: 02-07-2018 12:04 PM
Replies: 7 (275 views)
Last post by: VanGTP5000 on 02-08-2018 12:02 AM
VanGTP5000

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I assume this is the result of a previous owner's attempt to remove this handle from a seat. It appears the original owner purposefully broke the tab that holds the retainer pin in order to remove the handle from the car. Does this sound about right?

-Van

[This message has been edited by VanGTP5000 (edited 02-07-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never seen one fail on it's own. I don't think I have ever successfully removed one without damage like that, even after removing the pin. It might be more likely his was broken or missing and he installed a broken one from another seat.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 02-07-2018).]

VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. I had read that it was impossible to remove the handles without permanent damage.

-Van
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had 1 fail but it was because some Chubby-Butt sat down on the thing while taking the door panel off the car.

Signed: Chubby-Butt Charlie
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

I have had 1 fail but it was because some Chubby-Butt sat down on the thing while taking the door panel off the car.

Signed: Chubby-Butt Charlie

Hey Chubby-Butt,

Did you wind up replacing it with TFS version?

-Van
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe I changed a plastic handle for a replacement from the Fiero Store, and it probably worked fine.

This was a while ago, so the details are fuzzy.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2018 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Van, I think I actually salvaged 1 at a junk yard. That would have been back in the mid 90's. I have used TFS replacements, though. Don't remember any problems with them.
VanGTP5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2018 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VanGTP5000Send a Private Message to VanGTP5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a new set from TFS.

-Van

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock