3800 SC Swap... in the future. by Sir Ken
Started on: 02-05-2018 07:54 PM
Replies: 4 (229 views)
Last post by: Sir Ken on 02-06-2018 10:54 PM
Sir Ken

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2018 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sir KenSend a Private Message to Sir KenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is my 6th Fiero purchase but it's been many years since my last purchase. Found this one on the web in the Tampa Florida area and decided that I needed to buy another Fiero.... here we are 1985 2.8 V6.

I have been in contact with FIEROFLYER via facebook and am working out the details on a wiring harness (yes I have read many threads on FIEROFLYER history).

I can't seem to get my head wrapped around the process of the wiring harness situation.

As I understand it, I can go ahead and install my 3800 SC engine and its transmission from my donor car. Once I receive the completed wiring harness from FIEROFLYER, my wiring for the engine compartment should be complete... correct?

I will no longer need the PCM that is currently in my Fiero... correct?

The new wiring harness comes ready to install into my Fiero with the included PCM that has been reprogrammed from FIEROFLYER.... correct?

I assume the now re-wired 3800 SC wiring harness will plug into the old C203 plug location and C500 plug location inside the Fiero... correct?

Then, presumably, the engine will be ready to run minus fuel pump, transaxle, cooling lines, etc...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The new wiring harness will need some splicing into the c203 and c500 (trunk) for speedometer, tach, PCM power and other things. It will replace your old PCM. Theres a tally sheet in my thread.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

Sir Ken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sir KenSend a Private Message to Sir KenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to admit, with nearly 30 views on my questions and no replies I thought I must smell bad or something.

Thank you for your input.
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly it sounds like you are asking people to do your research. I studied these cars and options for years before I finally pulled the trigger and did a swap. the first one i tried ended half way through due to family things. Just sayin.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
12.840@104.8 MPH Intense-Racing 1.9 rockers, 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction SOLD

88 formula 3.4L 4t60 swap SOLD

[This message has been edited by hercimer01 (edited 02-06-2018).]

Sir Ken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2018 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sir KenSend a Private Message to Sir KenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's basically all together one general question about the wiring harness. I couldn't wrap my head around where the swap harness fit in the process. The rest of my questions have been answered in my previous research in this forum.

This thread can be deleted now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock