codes 13,35,42,44 when going through car wash by yellow peril
Started on: 02-01-2018 01:43 PM
Replies: 5 (187 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 02-03-2018 11:22 AM
yellow peril

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2018 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow perilSend a Private Message to yellow perilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went to wash the toxic crap off my car at the car wash and got a check engine light, codes were 13,35,42 and 44. this is the second time this happened after going through the wash.
doesn't happen when it rains, though I'm sure the water has something to do with it. anybody have anything similar happen to them and maybe a fix?

oops thought I was in tech discussions, I'll repost

[This message has been edited by yellow peril (edited 02-01-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
copperhens

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2018 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The one time I went to an auto car wash my check engine light went on but went off before I could check the codes. I don’t know why, but it’s happened to me too.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terminal connections/plug-receptacle on the eng compartment wiring harness no longer water resistant would be my guess.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. Rain falls down, car wash comes from every direction under pressure so its not unusual the wash causes codes and rain dont.
BHall71

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those blowers at the end set off the light on my 02 Silverado every time. Random cyl misfire. Guess the knock sensors don't like all that air blowing on the sides of the engine block -or- it's causing weird turbulence through the intake?

Brian
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2018 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by copperhens:

The one time I went to an auto car wash my check engine light went on but went off before I could check the codes. I don’t know why, but it’s happened to me too.

Codes are usually kept in the computer even if the light goes off. Check anyway....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock