Tire offset question by IROCTAFIERO
Started on: 01-05-2018 12:05 PM
Replies: 10 (327 views)
Last post by: robymon on 02-05-2018 12:44 AM
IROCTAFIERO

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure I know the answer but will 17x8.5 rims with +30 offset fit a stock suspension 86 GT?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you will be about 1/2" past the wheel well lip. Just keep that in mind if you lower the vehicle.
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know about the front clearing?
bkw88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have a android phone.....download a app called TIRE SIZE CALCULATOR.
This app will allow you to determine wheel size and offset as well as allow you to find tire sizes that will fit.
It's a awesome app and is very easy to use
F50MOD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been posted before but I will add it here.

IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked that first, it doesn't have this size, so I was trying to get verification.
F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROCTAFIERO:

I checked that first, it doesn't have this size, so I was trying to get verification.

Yes, you are correct, did not notice that, but 5mm is less than a 1/4 inch(5mm = 0.19685 inch). So you are adding 0.19685 inches out to the finder. Just look at the 8.5x35mm and move it to the right to almost half of the distance to the 8.5x26mm. The rim will be past the fender wells. The tire will probably be another half of a inch past that.

Here are some pics of my 17x7.5 rims. Yours will be around 3/4 of a inch out further due to the 1 inch bigger and the 5 mm offset difference.

Keep in mind the front fender of the car curves in.

This is the rear

In front of car

IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures. What size tires are you running on your 17's?
F50MOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F50MODSend a Private Message to F50MODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
215/45ZR-17 RIKEN RAPTOR ZR RF, a summer tire from tire rack. They were $56.74 each.
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2018 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about getting these 8.5 rims and running 235s in the front and 245 or 255 in the rear.
robymon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2018 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robymonSend a Private Message to robymonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F50MOD:

215/45ZR-17 RIKEN RAPTOR ZR RF, a summer tire from tire rack. They were $56.74 each.

How's the performance and treadwear of your Riken tires so far? Need to replace my tires soon and I'm not yet decided If I'm going to try the Falken tires or not.

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock