Started on: 12-29-2017 04:12 PM
Replies: 29 (831 views)
Last post by: cvxjet on 01-06-2018 07:22 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was pleasantly surprised to find a mail order catalog from The Fiero Store in my mailbox. I haven't received anything like this in the mail from the Fiero Store (or any vendor, for that matter) in many years. Most of them have gone digital, so they stopped sending out paper catalogs. I understand that this is technically a waste of paper. But there's something satisfying about flipping the pages in a catalog, and smelling the freshly printed paper.

The catalog is the size of a full-size magazine, and is pretty thick. So I imagine it probably has their entire inventory. The cover photo looks really nice, too. It also has several order forms in the back, for actual mail orders. Ah, the nostalgia...

You guys probably think I'm a dork for even posting this. That's fine. I can handle it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like to save trees....But I appreciate having a catalog to browse through.......Thank you always, Fiero Store!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:
You guys probably think I'm a dork for even posting this. That's fine. I can handle it.

No. I made this same point elsewhere.

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

[This message has been edited by tshark (edited 12-29-2017).]

viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2017 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep a copy in my bathroom haha.
I think the paper catalog has a few things in it that aren't on the website.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No "dork" at all there Blacktree. I agree 100% with you. Paging thru the catalog is fun. With less and less of these cars around each year, we are very fortunate to have a supplier such as the Fiero Store. My only hope is that they are having a very good business so their around for a long long time.
Question.....Considering this site alone, how many Fieros ( owners ) are still registered, up and running today ? Any estimate ?
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True - many catalogs are online.

But there are still people around who aren't internet savvy and therefore not on PFF either.
They'd still prefer and need an actual Fiero catalog in their hands to get stuff...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They send me one every so often. Not sure what the schedule is...

Unlike Jegs and Summit Racing, which send out catalogs all the time. I bought one $7 item from Summit one time, and they have probably sent me a dozen catalogs since!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2017 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You as a Customer are Paying for a rag that most will get thrown out this week.
Very likely Sending this high dollar rag to anyone ever done business. Catalog now isn't a good sign. Worse didn't even send them in time for Christmas buying.
But many people still think Leader and TFS are their best friends.... Suckers.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found the Fiero store to be just what I needed for many of the parts required to keep my two Fieros up and running. Their customer service is one of the best companies that I have dealt with concerning car parts. They keep on coming up with many hard to find pieces, such as the power window switches, etc. I can't see any reason for anyone on the forum to knock their efforts. Curtis
Dragonfish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonfishSend a Private Message to DragonfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's an awfully pessimistic outlook. I truly enjoy receiving mine and keep it on my workbench. We live with nostalgic cars, a nostalgic catalog seems fitting to me.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I have always been a bit of a dork....I got pushed around in school quite a bit.....It got better when I fixed up a 72 Comet GT as a road racer- and some of the "Cool girls" in school found out I was out water skiing every weekend....But by then it was too late (half way thru senior year)...

I always liked watching "Gilligan's Island" because all of those people depended on the Professor- The smart, somewhat "Dorky" guy who knew everything! (Sadly, I grew up to look more like Gilligan......)
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine a few months ago (so some went out early enough to take advantage of Christmas). I used to get the fliers, this time it was a full catalog.

Being in the print industry, I like it when companies choose to spend their advertising dollars with print.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one a few years ago. Only the one.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2018 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

It got better when I fixed up a 72 Comet GT as a road racer- and some of the "Cool girls" in school found out I was out water skiing every weekend....But by then it was too late (half way thru senior year)

What do you mean... "by then it was too late"? Had you already joined the priesthood?

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2018 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No....Not the priesthood......Late in my senior year I was kind of preparing to go in the Navy. And, although those young ladies were treating me differently.....I basically did not have a clue- It was actually a couple of years later that I put all the pieces together and realized why they were treating me nicely....

I was always out in the boat- at school I didn't hardly do anything....One time out in the Sacramento Delta at Suicide Beach, I was sitting in the boat with my (Sort-of) GF, and her sister had spotted a girl she knew(Carla from my school) and invited her over to our boat.....She recognized me and we talked for a few minutes, but I thought nothing of it.......A few days later, I walked into one of my class rooms and all of the cool girls were clustered around Carla's sister(Angie)....They all saw me and ran to their desks giggling, then as I sat down, Angie turned to look back at me and said "Hi Eric" overtly sweetly....Then my buddy behind me whispered, "Eric...What'd you do? They were all talking about you!" At the time, that just made me paranoid....."I don't know what I did...!" Geez, I'm dumb!

Just so you know how weird my life is, the GF and her sister are now my stepsisters!

I....am.....very......slow.......(And I don't believe it's from any inbreeding....!)
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

Just so you know how weird my life is, the GF and her sister are now my stepsisters!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it is the black one, I'm pretty sure it is unchanged since they created it a few years back. I have a few around because they are kind enough to send a lot of them to put in goodie bags at shows. Remember before that they had a half page sized one that was around for many years.
They aren't releasing a regular catalog as far as I know.
Nothing in crazy color every month or anything so no worries Ogre.
hoddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to get one, but even though I have purchased parts from them I would think the postage would put them off.
IROCTAFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCTAFIEROSend a Private Message to IROCTAFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember the half-sized ones. I used to look at them and wish and wish and wish in the early 00's
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hoddy:

I would love to get one, but even though I have purchased parts from them I would think the postage would put them off.

Its been a while but I thought I got a catalog in the box with the last parts I ordered.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You may request a catalog for free on their site. According to the site, copies are bulk-mailed every month. If so, TFS is getting ripped off, because they aren't arriving.

I received a dog-eared copy in the mail today. It just randomly showed up.
hoddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have requested one as per website, so will see if it happens.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2018 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished going through mine 😬.... I really appreciate the Fiero store for being around.. many purchases through the years.. thanks Fierostore!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

You may request a catalog for free on their site. According to the site, copies are bulk-mailed every month. If so, TFS is getting ripped off, because they aren't arriving.

I received a dog-eared copy in the mail today. It just randomly showed up.

They must mean, for anyone who requested it within a month or so, they will get it a few days after they are mailed out, which is once a month.
Maybe.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by unboundmo:

I really appreciate the Fiero store for being around.. many purchases through the years.. thanks Fierostore!

Me to
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to clear up any confusion, we bulk mail printed catalogs once per month in order to get the best postage rate possible. Since 200 catalogs must be mailed to qualify for the bulk rate, and we don't receive that many requests for printed catalogs in a month, we also mail printed catalogs to selected customers who have ordered recently but have not requested a printed catalog in the past. Of course, we do this free of charge. If anyone does not receive a catalog they have requested, please call or email to let us know. If enough time has passed since the mailing, we will be happy to send you another catalog via 1st Class Mail.

Originally posted by hoddy:

I have requested one as per website, so will see if it happens.

Unfortunately, mailing catalogs overseas is expensive. If you requested a catalog to be mailed outside of the United States and Canada, you will receive an email from us once we process the next bulk mailing notifying you of the refundable (on your next order) postage charge for overseas mailing. The email will also offer you a link to a free downloadable version of the printed catalog.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2018 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2018 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also....If you get a new catalog.....and still have your old catalog.......and know someone who owns a Fiero.........Give them the catalog.....Spread the wealth, so to speak!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock