Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Looking for a better image of Fiero advertising.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looking for a better image of Fiero advertising. by CoolBlue87GT
Started on: 12-11-2017 11:17 AM
Replies: 28 (1181 views)
Last post by: Cokeologist on 12-25-2017 05:56 AM
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know where I can find a better image of this advertising ?

The top one is the one I'm looking for, the photo appeared in the March 1984 edition of Popular Mechanics

Thanks

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-11-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Chief

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChiefSend a Private Message to ChiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2017 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chief:

Yeah that particular one I haven't found a lot of digital larger sizes online.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have that one framed but I can crack it open and scan it later tonight...
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2017 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Some others

https://c1.staticflickr.com...063_d7e2c657c5_b.jpg

Wow, that's one I've never seen. Thanks for posting.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-13-2017).]

Cokeologist

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2017 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Thanks for the responses.

This one was 4379 x 3331

How about posting a link to this one at those given dimensions?
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2017 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cokeologist:

How about posting a link to this one at those given dimensions?

I looked for it on-line, I can't find it again. I did copy it to my computer.

I sent you a PM with my email, I can send you the file.

Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked for it on-line, I can't find it again. I did copy it to my computer.

I sent you a PM with my email, I can send you the file.

Responded; thanks very much!
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cokeologist:
Responded; thanks very much!

Okay, emailed the file. I sent it two ways, the 1st attempt it looks like email compressed the file, it was 1.7 mb.

The send attempt looks like it worked better. Just click on the attachment, you should get the full size image.

Dave
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a ad as well, it is very important to find a real good quality picture or can tell what magazine this ad was in so I can buy it. It is for the Fiero t-top book coming out at the 35th anniversary (finger crossed) if all goes well...

But I can't get it to post here!!!!!!!!! Frustrated... WHo can give me their email to help post it for me???
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

I am looking for a ad as well, it is very important to find a real good quality picture or can tell what magazine this ad was in so I can buy it. It is for the Fiero t-top book coming out at the 35th anniversary (finger crossed) if all goes well...

But I can't get it to post here!!!!!!!!! Frustrated... WHo can give me their email to help post it for me???

I just sent the file to your email also. I can post a photo for you, just sent it to my email.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Responded back and hope you can post what I'm looking for, hope someone can help me out on this forum with the ad I need!!!!
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Responded back and hope you can post what I'm looking for, hope someone can help me out on this forum with the ad I need!!!!

Okay, here it is. Does anyone have a copy of this ?

Following link has some interesting "Skylite" Fiero info

https://www.cargurus.com/Ca...ssion-c8052_ds567659

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-16-2017).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks cool gt for posting, that is the ad I am looking for, if anyone can help let me know..
Pm or podziemj@matc.edu.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just cleaning the office ,, end of year event, and came across this one. It's a 4 page one.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 12-15-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:
I was just cleaning the office, end of year event, and came across this one. It's a 4 page one.
Spoon

Nice find. Is the inside page ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-15-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoolBlue87GT

8404 posts
Member since Apr 2001

FIERO JOHN-WI, Look what i just found !!

Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice find. Is the inside page ?

YES IT IS.

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2017 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dave, but I have that one, I hope someone will have that black an white copy ad on t tops.. but anyone that has any others please continue posting.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one poster that I found quite some time ago. I liked it a lot, and remade it so I could print out a nice full size poster of it in High Resolution. The link to it is below if anyone wants it for something. Trying to source all the little logos such as the seat belt icon, the GM logo, Pontiac logo, the "Excitement" logo..... and all the original fonts took FAR much more time that I thought to put this together. I searched and searched, but could not find a font for the "We Build Excitement", nr could I find a high enough resolution of the "We Build" portion to re-create it. On a small side note, the car in the image that I remade is actually Tyler's Toy, changed from its iconic Corvette Yellow, to red as in the original poster. I took the photo of the car 4 years ago, and it made it to the Fiero Store calendar.

Here is a comparison of the Original image with the remake:

Here is the original:

HERE is the link to the high resolution one (No way I could post it here on Pennocks with a 300k file size limit.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-16-2017).]

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Here is one poster that I found quite some time ago. I liked it a lot, and remade it so I could print out a nice full size poster of it in High Resolution. The link to it is below if anyone wants it for something. Trying to source all the little logos such as the seat belt icon, the GM logo, Pontiac logo, the "Excitement" logo..... and all the original fonts took FAR much more time that I thought to put this together. On a small side note, the car in the image that I remade is actually Tyler's Toy, changed from its iconic Corvette Yellow, to red as in the original poster.

HERE is the link to the high resolution one (No way I could post it here on Pennocks with a 300k file size limit.

Now that is really nice, the red is so intense. I can see making that a poster. I work at Walgreens where we have a photo center, I can print the posters and get a nice discount.

Edit: Do you have the Yellow version also ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 12-16-2017).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that is really nice, the red is so intense. I can see making that a poster. I work at Walgreens where we have a photo center, I can print the posters and get a nice discount.

I just uploaded a .png of the image to my Google Drive. It has a lot less artifacts than the .jpg format, making it better for a nice printout. You can get that version here.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2017 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, emailed the file. I sent it two ways, the 1st attempt it looks like email compressed the file, it was 1.7 mb.

The send attempt looks like it worked better. Just click on the attachment, you should get the full size image.

Dave, a much superior way to share large files is by using something like Dropbox Basic. No need to email the same files over and over again to multiple recipients, no further compression required... and it's free!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2017 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool stuff, keep it coming
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2017 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone sent me an email, not sure who it was, linked from aunt that passed away a few years ago.
Almost deleted it before opening.

Cokeologist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2017 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CokeologistSend a Private Message to CokeologistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Here is one poster that I found quite some time ago. I liked it a lot, and remade it so I could print out a nice full size poster of it in High Resolution. The link to it is below if anyone wants it for something. Trying to source all the little logos such as the seat belt icon, the GM logo, Pontiac logo, the "Excitement" logo..... and all the original fonts took FAR much more time that I thought to put this together. I searched and searched, but could not find a font for the "We Build Excitement", nr could I find a high enough resolution of the "We Build" portion to re-create it. On a small side note, the car in the image that I remade is actually Tyler's Toy, changed from its iconic Corvette Yellow, to red as in the original poster. I took the photo of the car 4 years ago, and it made it to the Fiero Store calendar.

Here is a comparison of the Original image with the remake:

JohnWPB, you have a PM re: the We Build Excitement script.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock