Need help identifying car by mr_corean
Started on: 12-05-2017 02:24 AM
Replies: 5 (410 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 12-06-2017 02:14 AM
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is not a Fiero so I apologize for that. I'm hoping I get a pass because it is for a funeral. The little girl was born in 1947, guessing she is less than 6 in this picture. Notable features are the split rear window, emblem, split tail lights, fender and trunk lines, and trunk "hump" shape. My first instinct based on shape of emblem was Nash or Ford, but neither match up quite right. Could be something written on the banner above the main emblem, but picture is too blurry to make out any text anywhere on it. I'm only 33 so a little before my time. I appreciate any help that anyone can give us.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr_corean:

I know this is not a Fiero so I apologize for that. I'm hoping I get a pass because it is for a funeral. The little girl was born in 1947, guessing she is less than 6 in this picture. Notable features are the split rear window, emblem, split tail lights, fender and trunk lines, and trunk "hump" shape. My first instinct based on shape of emblem was Nash or Ford, but neither match up quite right. Could be something written on the banner above the main emblem, but picture is too blurry to make out any text anywhere on it. I'm only 33 so a little before my time. I appreciate any help that anyone can give us.

I’m sorry for your loss and wish you and yours godspeed.

The vehicle pictured is a 1947 or 1948 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION STARLIGHT COUPE or REGAL COUPE.

1947 Studebaker Champion Starlight coupe

STUDEBAKER emblem incorporated into trunk handle

this is a 1949 starlight coupe it has a different bumper but probably the same color as your picture

Same photo grey scale & blurred

http://www.classiccarcatalo...UDEBAKER%201947.html

[This message has been edited by lou (edited 12-05-2017).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That photo has quite a bit of loss of quality over the years. I did try to bring it back as best I could in Photoshop. It is still pretty bad, but a lot of the details are a bit clearer at least.

Before:

After

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 12-05-2017).]

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2017 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you gentlemen, you've made a young lady very happy.
HarryT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryTSend a Private Message to HarryTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 on 48 Study Starlight coupe.
Harry
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2017 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou:

The vehicle pictured is a 1947 or 1948 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION STARLIGHT COUPE or REGAL COUPE.

The man knows his cars!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock