Fiero. Gettin a little respect. On a list of "The Best..." by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 12-02-2017 01:44 AM
Replies: 6 (586 views)
Last post by: Rn2016 on 12-04-2017 04:45 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This article is called "The Best Cars America Kept All to Itself"

I was pleasantly surprised to find our little car on any list of "The Best..."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/a...=mailsignout#image=1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2017 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting article.....But calling the Fiero's 140 hp "Paltry" when, back in the mid eighties the Vette had, at best 240 hp and weighed almost 3400 lbs.....

Also, the "Japanese buildin' cars more-american here" thing has always been a bunch of hooey- Car & Drivel ran this up their flagpole and talked about how it was far better to be buying Hondas and Toyotas.....Actually, a car built here by Honda pays approx' $300-400 in wages on the line, while (being a $25,000 car) it would send $10,000 in corporate profits to Japan......A Ford built in Mexico would pay approx' $200-300 in wages in Mexico, while at least the same $10,000 in corporate profits would come back to America......Mind you, I prefer a US car made HERE....That way, all of the money stays here!
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know where they got the idea that the Honda Element was only sold in North America. My Canadian Element was made in Japan and they were sold in most markets.
Rn2016

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

I don't know where they got the idea that the Honda Element was only sold in North America. My Canadian Element was made in Japan and they were sold in most markets.

Yes. I think that article is a bit bogus. There are some cars there which I see here all the time. I probably see Challengers as often as I see new Cameros or more often.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rn2016:

Yes. I think that article is a bit bogus. There are some cars there which I see here all the time. I probably see Challengers as often as I see new Cameros or more often.

These throw away articles (on any and every seemingly random subject under the sun) are often written by the uniformed and based on the biased writings of others with very little personal knowledge or research. I often ask myself "who wrote this garbage."

In this case it put a positive spin on the car, which in itself is unexpected and welcome since it usually seems to end up on the "Worst of..." not the "Best of.." lists and was notable for that reason. I would love to see the image of this car justifiably rehabilitated. Every little bit helps.
Rn2016

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2017 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rn2016Send a Private Message to Rn2016Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

These throw away articles (on any and every seemingly random subject under the sun) are often written by the uniformed and based on the biased writings of others with very little personal knowledge or research. I often ask myself "who wrote this garbage."

In this case it put a positive spin on the car, which in itself is unexpected and welcome since it usually seems to end up on the "Worst of..." not the "Best of.." lists and was notable for that reason. I would love to see the image of this car justifiably rehabilitated. Every little bit helps.

100% agree with that. It is good to see a change of tune when talking about the Fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock